CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: theft

Georgie Boy,

Still want your $143 for house keeping or are you going to send an apology letter?

Annie girl,

What would you have me do? Whom should I send the letter to? I did send a note to Lynn, who was the only “official” that I mentioned the issue to. Should I apologize to you for getting you exercised?

Read the posting again, Annie. I was not requesting a $143 refund; just a reduction because cleaning was not done but new towels/linen were provided.

Let me know.

This was forwarded to me today. At what point do we stop ignoring the fact we should have locks on the outside of the sliding glass doors on the lower units?

City of Sanibel News Release

Sanibel, Florida - January 14, 2013
Chief William Tomlinson (239) 472-3111

SANIBEL POLICE OFFER $25,000 CASH REWARD FOR HELP SOLVING STRING OF BURGLARIES

15 Burglaries of Beach Front Properties over Past 8 Weeks

The Sanibel Police Department offers $25,000 cash reward for help in solving a string of burglaries having occurred along beachfront properties between the dates of November 14, 2012 and January 11, 2013. These burglaries have occurred from the 500 block of East Gulf Drive to the 3400 block of West Gulf Drive on Sanibel.

The burglaries appear to have taken place during late afternoon and early evening hours. In each incident, the suspect has gained entry to the units through unlocked doors and sliders stealing mostly cash and jewelry from the units. "We are serious about stopping and solving these crimes. If you know something; say something. If your tip leads to an arrest, you will be eligible for the $25,000 cash reward," stated Chief of Police William Tomlinson.

Chief of Police William Tomlinson is requesting anyone with information on any of these burglaries, to please call Crime Stoppers at any of numbers listed below:

Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-8477
Text tip to Crime Stoppers at: CRIMES (274637) Keyword: REWARD
Online tip to Crime Stoppers at: www.swflcrimestoppers.org

Anyone with information which leads to an arrest can be eligible for a cash reward of $25,000. All callers will remain anonymous. Tips may also be made by contacting the Sanibel Police at (239) 472-3111.

Click here to view Reward flyer.

-END-

George,

Your initial complaint and subsequent follow-up to my question is exactly what is irritating, but at the same time entertaining about this website.

Rather than investigate why your unit was not cleaned, you immediately complain and demand some form of compensation - $$. And, you are too cheap to support Coconuts. And, you complain about an occasional wedding reception. I beginning to agree with an early post – are you the biggest pain-in-the-ass in your neighborhood?

Ann,

I do agree with you that some postings are irritating but also entertaining. However, I don’t think sniping, such as you have engaged in, are fun, and certainly are not productive. The problem, as I see it, is that some people (e.g. you) seem to lack basic reading and communication skills, and are quick to draw unsubstantiated conclusions about issues they have no understanding of.

Your comment concerning the cleaning was a good example of a reaction blown way out of proportion. While you took my question as a complaint, it was meant to understand whether a policy change had been in place. I was investigating with Casa Ybel, but took the opportunity to ask Lynn, since he had made an earlier post. Nothing was demanded; a question was posed. But, you took it upon yourself to open an attack.

The complaint about weddings was not made by me. The original poster asked for feedback, and I offered some, as did some others. Reread them, Ann. I asked whether there should be a board discussion. Maybe you are overreacting.

Too cheap to support Coconuts? Why do you think I should? There are a number of institutions nationally and locally that I do not support, and neither do you. Why single Coconuts out. They have little to do with our resort except for real estate. We are primarily beach people, not poolies. And don’t you think “too cheap” is an unwarranted extrapolation, given that you know squat about me or my situation? For all you know I spend more money in a week than you make in a year. Conversely, I could be in a situation where I am on a very tight budget. You don’t know. The cheap charge was personal, ignorant and ill advised.

I do wish that these postings would take a less personal approach and stick to the issues presented or introduce new ones. It is unnecessary to call people pains in the ass, cheap, complainers, etc. Keep the comments related to the issue at hand and refrain from insults. This forum can be civil and still provide information and entertainment.

Well said, George!! I'd be happy to have you for a neighbor.

Birds of a.feather flock together!

Somewhere in this thread of conversation and above conversations regarding thefts and what type of locks may and may not work - wouldn't it just be simpler to go to the front door and use your key rather than trying to fiddle with some bike lock or whatever? We too have enjoyed the convenience of leaving our lower level unit unlocked and have always known the possibility of a walk in theft could occur. I guess we've been fortunate all of these years. It's a terrible experience for those of you that endured this and I'm sorry it has come to this.

Regarding supporting Coconuts or not - we have enjoyed the convenience and appeal of sitting down to a nice lunch by the pool and listening to Danny Morgan. I felt the prices were reasonsable considering what you got. The portions and quality of food were good. However, I would say the past almost two years the menu has changed and you don't get an adequate amount of food for the cost you are paying. I don't blame people for not wanting to support the greediness of this establishment just because the economy is getting better or whatever their reasons for the disappointing portions, quality, and pricing.