CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Casa Ybel

My wife and I literally stumbled onto Casa Ybel in April 1979. Building F and H were partially completed then. No interior walls were in place. The old restaurant was still there, pretty much where building G is now located. Interval ownership was something completely new to this Kansas farmboy, but we were completly taken in by the resort and late in 1979, we purchased F152, week 17 for about $3,400.00. This was probably among one of the 10th best decisions of my life. We now own 4 weeks at Casa Ybel and 1 at the Sanibel Cottages and we have occupied these weeks every since we purchased them. We have 2 units during week 17 and are going to give one of them to our 3 daughters, who also enjoy Sanibel.

The Sanibel Cottages are larger and a very nice place to stay, but they don't have the maintenance services or the pool bar that we have at Casa Ybel. I firmly believe Casa Ybel is the BEST on Sanibel and Captiva and I am really proud to be an owner there.

Lynn L Perkins

Re: Casa Ybel

Lynn- We purchased at about the same time. We, at one time, owned 5 weeks. Have been coming to Sanibel since 1966 and have loved it ever since. We feel that it is the best and our year isn't complete without coming to Casa Ybel.
Things have changed quite a bit with the selling by Mariner of some of our services. Do you remember when we had to prove who we were when sitting around the pool to make sure we owned there. Sometimes, I wished they go back to that with all the interlopers coming in but I guess things change. Anyway, we will always love everything about Casa Ybel.

Lynn,
We first stayed at Casa as a renter in 1981 and must have walked up and down the beach 1000 times asking ourselves "will we buy or will we not buy"[Timeshare industry did not have a stellar reputation in those days either]
We eventualy purchased a resale from a Mariner employee in 1984 in IJK and have been at Casa pretty much every year since.
Like you, we also purchased at Sanibel Cottages and enjoyed it for a few years before selling it, as we found it on the quiet side compared to Casa and the big pool and pool bar,and the convivial atmosphere.
Our kids have enjoyed Casa for all those years and now they too have decided to purchase a week 19 also, so we can all have extended family vacations,with kids and grandkids
We really have some great memories of Casa and all the friends we have made over the years,and remember fondly many who have passed on.
It truly is a unique spot to vacation at and we had decided to bank our week this year with RCI [which we did] but then we decided we needed our CasaYbel "fix" and ended up renting a week from friends who were unable to use their week 19 this year.
It has been a great 32 years and we absolutely have never regretted buying and we also believe,like you, it is one of our best decisions.
The management by Chris Cain and the other staff has continued to supply a superior vacation experience and we look forward to many more years of memories at Casa

My first memory of Sanibel when I was 5 (1964). We stayed at the old Jolly Roger. In my late teens, I bought a pre-cnstruction unit in 1979. I paid only $2,900. I think I got a discount for some reason - and coupons for free meals at the Thistle. too. My plan was to use it for my honeymoon in 1980 and then sell it. Once my bride visited, there was no chance that I would get to sell. We've come every year since our honeymoon. Our annual trip is an integral part of our lives.