CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wireless Internet at Casa Ybel

because success has nothing to do with listening to others or helping a fellow human out! wow you guys really set the bar low here. are you really owners or do you work for hilton?

http://imgur.com/mFx0iub

Pete,

I can never tell whether your posts are meant to be read seriously or not. It's hard to take someone seriously who makes a point of offering advice about success and one's family, almost as if they have a bit of a personal stake in the matter.

Did you neglect you and yours only to realize later on that it was a mistake? Is that echo of the past so haunting that you feel the need to bring it up over and over again as if to help others avoid your mistakes?

I can tell you are probably much, much older than I am, but in all likelihood not wiser. You are assuming a lot about me that is entirely off base. That's okay, though, I know trolls want to get in to someone's head and rile them up. The problem is I've been around the Internet long enough to see people like you and jones lurking around every corner.

You folks are what is wrong with forums like this and you aren't doing anyone any favors telling them how to live their lives with your baseless advice. Have fun trolling. It's obviously a sign of insecurity with yourselves that you have to try to artificially enhance your self confidence by attacking others and the validity of what they are saying.

That said, I've worked in IT for 17 years now and I can tell you this is a serious problem with their network. If they didn't offer "free resort wide wireless" I'd have no qualms with a system that doesn't work, but the fact is false advertising for services we do pay for (let's face it, nothing is free) should be taken seriously. It's also rather amusing, as George so correctly pointed out, that you and jones take it upon yourselves to complain about complaining! Get over yourselves, gentlemen. You belong under a bridge, not on this forum.

The wi fi is not very good
Every time we used FaceTime it kept freezing and reconnecting
Must be fixable by someone
It is not a huge deal breaker for me but it could/ should be improved somehow
The Hilton Grand Vacations Tuscany in Orlando had great wi fi
Surely they can duplicate here since we are part of the family?or at least lend their expertise
I am here at Casa now and will talk to Chris at the owners meeting and see what he says

Talked to Christine (Chris Cain assistant)
She said it was a Comcast issue and they were not being very helpful in resolving the lack of bandwidth
Really needs to be fixed as it is much worse than when each unit had a modem inside
I guess we have to wait and see what happens
They are trying to resolve the issue with Comcast

Poor internet quality seems to be a problem with many resorts all over the world. Generally it is the fault of the provider rather than the resort itself.

The answer is quite simple really. The resort pays a lot of money to the provider (in this case, Comcast)to provide a service, so if they are not providing that service to an appropriate standard, they can be sued for breach of contract. I would recomend that Casa Y'bel threatens to do just that unless Comcast resolves the issue. Meanwhile, the subscription to them should be witheld, and any saving can be refunded to the owners.