CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Changing our deed

After 30+ years, we are wanting to make a change in the ownership of our timeshare unit. Does anyone know the process for doing this?

Thanks!

Re: Changing our deed

You draw up a deed and record it in Lee county

You can go through Grand Vacation Title to do this, but they will charge over $400 Or you can go through Wilkinson Title Co in
Fort Myers, and get it done for half that. If you want to change the Deed to a family member, there is no need for an expensive title search. Good Luck.

CHANGING YOUR DEED

If you sell,or even give your unit to a stranger or to your own family, do not worry!
Read BUYING OR SELLING YOUR CASA YBEL UNIT on front page of this web site: www.casaybel.com Print your new form for the needed Quit Claim Deed for free on this same site.
Most info needed is on your present QUIT CLAIM DEED already.
Just copy from your present deed. And line up seller and byer.
It is the same process for all property in Lee County, it does not cost you anything to follow trough on this. You can do it on your own.
The only cost is the recording Fee at our Lee County Court House,
when you record your quit Claim Deed. A 5 minute visit, if no line is ahead of you..
Pending value of property, the fee is a certain very low percentage of the property value, most less than one hundred Dollars on our time shares.

Remember you can print your own QUIT CLAIN DEED for free on our own same web site, under the same heading as shown above.
You need a Notary Public to verify signatures before recording.
The Courthouse address and phone numbers are available in same spot .
Your friendly Banks will always assist you with Notary work.
And the Recorders at the Lee County Courthouse are very friendly people!
Short time free parking is available around the Courthouse Block
downtown if you are patient. Location is a few blocks East of state 41 at
Route 82 (heading East), however there are plenty of paid parking available around the Court House area.

Carl Appelberg

I missed the part raised on Title Search!
and do not forget appraisal fees! You do not need a Plumber or Electrician
to inspect your unit like they do for home sales!

YOU DO NOT NEED TO THINK YOU ARE SELLING YOUR HOME OR SELLING YOUR HOUSE!
It's more like selling you car!
This is were the crooks come in and charge you like crazy!
I have letters from widows, that tell me how they lost almost half
the value of the unit they sold, when they received payment for the unit with large unexpected deductions. Without their husband, they had no knowledge of the sales arrangements and were charged all the fees normally associated to a home. They had to eat the loss.
Legal fees, Appraisals, Title Search, Insurances, and costly hours of high
priced professional office fees. Also Documentation! (whatever that is?)

I am sure these widows most have used unknown outside realtors dealing with vacation homes, I could not help them, it was all water over the dam. I am not saying I would expect this from our long term Casa Ybel in house reliable sales staff!

Thanks
Carl Appelberg