CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: This website is dead, why?

Well, one reason this site is “dead” could be the verbal assaults that are spewed. I am interested in how this site has “increased Carl’ income”. Carl?

I agree that Casa Ybel is a great resort; possibly the best on the island. But, in the area of security, I believe we are lacking, and Tom’s suggestion/desire for an outdoor lock for the porches on the lower level is spot on. I read with dismay that improvements to the interiors of the units will include a 50” (in lieu of 32”) TV in the living room and an added TV in the 2nd bedroom. I, personally, think it is absurd for a 600 sqft unit on a beachfront resort on what is, arguably, the finest subtropical island in the country to have 3 TVs. I believe that, given the choice between an added TV and improved security, including an outdoor lock for the lower level porches, a majority would opt for the security improvements. Certainly the folks on the lower level would. I would have liked to have had a voting opportunity.

If, in the future, we are looking for ways to spend our excess funds, I wish we would consider security improvements.

Sounds like we just spend money to be spending money. Why we need 3 TV's is beyond me. Who makes these decisions? Sounds like our Government!!!

hey georgie boy count the listings and multiply by50 counting the listings there now gives almost10,000 dollars and quite a few have been removed. I remember one of these threads where lynn said he would not support a third tv but a lot of owners wanted them i too see no need fora50 incher or a third tv. Asfor security the current problem is the only one i have ever heard about in all the years casa has been there and i do not share your obsession about a few interlopers. I guess we could hire armed guards and dogs but why

Hey Slippery boy, anyone tell you that your writing style is jonesesque? I’m not sure what your point is regarding the $10K.

You might not have heard about other security issues, but they have occurred. We’ve had thefts in our building (H) in prior years, as well as car break-ins. Also, describing my concern about interlopers as an obsession seems a bit extreme. If you will recall, when I introduced the issue in January, 2009, there were other responses recounting similar experiences, and, keep in mind, participants in this forum are a small subset of owners. The board agreed that some level of security enhancement was warranted, and a limited level of parking lot surveillance was implemented. This helped, but, of course, didn’t completely solve the problem. A complete solution is probably unachievable, but more can be done.

I’m curious as to whether you do not believe me when I say that Casa Ybel has a large number of people who are non-residents/guests but use our parking lot and facilities, or do you not believe that doing so is a problem?

There have been several postings comparing the level of security at Casa Ybel with other resorts, and we don’t seem to measure up.

The point of my posting was that I would rather have beefed up security than upgraded TVs and other dubious expenditures. That’s my opinion and I was expressing it.

I agree about the 3rd TV, I would not have voted for it, if I had been able to participate in the entire meeting. When we put in the smaller flat screen, I tried to get the board to get rid of the ugly armoire and get a larger screen, but I was voted down,so now we are going to pay more for not doing it right the first time. We never spent much time watching TV at Casa Ybel, we can do that at home, Kansas doesn't have beaches and really good seafood restaurants.
Thanks for taking part in this discussion.

Lynn

Lynn, aren't you glad you opened this discussion?

I am responding with a typical polical answer, yes and no! Yes because there has been constructive comments about our beautiful resort, both positive and negative, which are useful to the Board in making decisions. No because my my goal for the web site is getting information for the Board and not to provide a forum for owners to ridicule other owners for spelling, grammar and make other insulting comments!!
I sincerely believe that all-in-all communications to this site have been helpful, I am sad that some owners enjoy insulting each other with words they wouldn't express face to face.

Lynn

Lynn

I am afraid that it is the anonymous posters who ridicule the serious contributors, and make a mockery of this site. I hope that something will be done to prevent them, such as requiring an email address before accepting conributions.

I am glad to see, however, that the serious comments are taken into account by the board.

Paul,

You are so correct - how dare they?

I am shocked shocked that people are using false names where are the stocks when you really need them.? Please excuse me i need to lie down with acool clothe on my brow

That is just what I mean!

I'm confused, what do you mean Paul?

I can't believe that I, who does not even own a unit at Casa Ybel is allowed to post on this website. This website should be login and password protected so owners are not displaying their dirty laundry for the public to view. I would have second thoughts purchasing at Casa Ybel after reading all the negative stuff posted here. Unbelievable!