CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2014 Dues

I cannot see any justification for these continual large increases in our fees. It has to be controlled somehow, because the owners are not "cash cows" who can keep paying out whatever is demanded of us.

Re: 2014 Dues.

Paul Greek,
Thank you for your inquiry regarding our 25% raise once more
on our maintenance fees.
I have not heard much about arriving at a fixed number
yet, it should have been presented by Hilton to our
Board by now in order to make the new billings by Hilton on time.
Like you, I am wondering where we are going, right now.
You can almost rent any week on Sanibel for that low $1,500 rent, who wishes to own a unit, except Spring week, if you have to pay that amount just for maintenance fee expenses?
I know the board is not responsible for these new data, they are provided by our Hilton Management Company for the
Board to approve. Will our Board approve them?
Are we at a stage where Hilton now wishes to force us
all out, as was indicated some years ago, by making the
Timeshare idea non workable, and forcing owners
to sell out and convert to another Hilton wholly owned resort?

I hope the Boards will do a serious job in finding reasons for another 25% annual increase?
Local costs on supply and labor has decreased in Lee
County for several years now, my own lawn maintenance cost of my Lee County home has dropped from $150/month to $85/ monthly presently for two years now.
For twenty years before this new 20th Century our maintenance fees were all very detailed, even price of Soap was included for weekly use, towels, cleaning and all detailed expenses for running the show were translucent and easy to explain.
Hilton then started to bundle all expenses from year
to year, and did not give the board a chance to justify
increases, the fog level went up and the expenses likewise.
IS IT TIME TO GO BACK TO DETAILS AGAIN?
All it did was to raise more money for Hilton.
I personally do not wish to give up ownership, by Hilton forcing owners out of ownership to reap the harvest of
what used to be wonderful privately owned Resort we could
count on staying at, and afford it to.

I am interested in the new budget, and can’t wait to see what
Questions were raised by the Board regarding a 25% overall budget increase.
We used to spend 2 to 3 days on trimming the budget in the
1980’s with Mariner!
Swimming Pool and it’s expenses and newspaper subscription were big items of the days.
The excuse for dropping the paper was insurance for carrying the
Paper to the units! Nice excuse!
Just like we lost the fantastic slide with the excuse we can’t pay
The insurance.
Hang in there, we do wish to be able to show time share is here
to stay for all to enjoy on a regular affordable basis.
3500 owners have increased their maintenance fees with $200 each for two
years in a row. That makes almost $1,500,000 increase in two years where
everything else looses cost.
What are these funds going to, who did not get paid for two years??
This is not "loose change"!
Our Board should be able to explain this added expense to us.

Best wishes for a continued affordable maintenance fee, all
made possible by the numbers, contributed by 3500 owners!
Cheaper by the numbers. day.
Sincerely,
Carl Appelberg

Each Dollar Hilton takes in from each owner makes $3,500 gift to someone?
ALSO
To the owner that claimed he never received the rent taken in by the front
office when he turned the unit in for rental, I should say that is why we
started www.casaybel.com so our owners could receive the rent up front them
selves, way ahead of the due time. We gained control of our finances.
We need to attend to our finances again or sink into the sand.

I have read with interest this rant. I own summer weeks in FGH so fhese figures will not apply to all. First the only difference between weeks is for tax as florida law mandatea that operating fees and reserves be the same for each week. Ihave looked at my bills for the last 5 years and find a total increaseof $212 over that time period. This is an increase of 26.4% over 5 years not 1 year. it is true that the total increase this year is$102 which is 11.15% over last year. The largest increase was in reserves they increased $74 the operating fee increased $18 and the tax was up by $11. I took the time to do this just to have some sense in this post. Hope all have agreat Christmas remember that the reason for the season is to celebrate the birth of Jesus!

In another 5 or 10 years, it may be more economical to rent than own!

If so, the value (the price at which we can sell) will decline - think about it and just wait and see what happens when inflation hits - and it will big time!

I will probably be selling my weeks soon.

I'm glad I'm not the only one stunned at the steep increases in annual fees for Casa Y Bel. I've owned for almost 20 years, and my fees are equal with the rental fee I receive, when I rent it thru this website. I've long been unhappy with managements treatment of owners and lack of accountability to us for many things. Not the least of which was they way the slide was handled, closed down with absolutely no notice.

I have become so disillusioned with what I always considered the most wonderful place to vacation, and my first choice of where to vacation. Let me just add that I am a local that grew up in Fort Myers as did my husband. I've been going to Casa Y Bel since it opened, got married there 30 some years ago befor it was popular and owned for almost 20 years. I just no longer feel welcome, respected or that there is any value as an owner under Hilton. I don't use there hotels anymore either. I am finally listing my unit.

Well it's amazing to me that someone who hasowned for so long still does not understand that hilton had nothing to do with the slide removal. Hilton has never owned the pool or slide. The pool is owned by the partners who own the resort property it was theirdecision to remove the slide. The reason given at the time was cost of insurance

Dear Owner

Thank you for clarifying the breakdown for this year. Regarding the increase over the years, my records only go back to 2010, and in that 4 year period, the increase is £211.97. This equates to an increase of nearly 26%, or an average of 6.5% per year, which is well above inflation. Therefore, I still do not see how these increases can be justified.

You mentioned that the reserves had increased this year by £74! I cannot understand why they need to be increased by such a large amount.

I look forward to receiving an explanation from somebody who is responsible for setting the level of maintenance fees.