CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: elevators

I agree with Paul and to some extent Petey.

Management/Maintenance cannot even keep the grills in good working condition. Also, no one has addressed on-going maintenance costs of elevators, equipment room requirements, permitting issues, etc. And, what about the increase in valuations and real estate taxes - add those onto the unknown annual maintenance fees. Another comment...If elevators are so needed and appropriate, then why were they not included in the original construction? And, why weren't the original owners dissuaded from purchasing way back then?

I GIVE UP....ALL NEGITIVE, WHICH IS EASY HOWEVER CHANGING THE GLASS SHOWER DOORS TWO YEARS AFTER THE HURRICANE BECAUSE OF "SAFTY" GATHERED NO NEGITIVE. I AM THROUGH, PLEASE LET THE SLEEPING DOG SLEEP. THANKS.

If one is making a decision based on money . . . think of the additional revenue that will be created by the higher demand. Opening your unit up to everyone instead of just some will always result in higher demand and less supply... BOTH on the rental and sales sides.

I'm not saying I am FOR elevators without seeing a budget to install and a budget to maintain. I'm just saying I feel it is worth getting a free estimate so owners can review and make an informed decision instead of just assuming.

Believe me, if the cost per unit to install and maintain is too high - it won't have my vote either. Would just love to know the costs is all.

Lisa,
If your looking for rental income or investment property, buy a townhouse in your neighborhood!!!! CASA YBEL was not intended for this purpose. It was meant as a vacation destination for people to return to year after year. We've owned for almost 20 years now and have only not visited twice. Once because of Charlie, and once we went to Hawaii.

If at some point when I become unable to make it up the steps, then I probably can't do the other things on Sanibel as well. So be it, and pass it on to the next generation who can enjoy. It will have been a good run.

Good for you Tom! Why don't you spend your money the way you want, and I'll spend my money the way I want. There are plenty of people who rent their units out, or who trade their units out through RCI. And . . . there are people like YOU AND I who have never missed a year since they bought their timeshares.

However, as an owner of ANY property . . . I like to have all my options available to me, and know that all the options are lucrative or a break even.

I don't take kindly to your tone. I would never start a conversation with you like that. Have some respect and appear to be a wee bit educated and mature.

Lisa,

I have no idea what you meant to communicate...

JUST RETURNED FROM TWO WEEKS..UNIT 190 - 29 STEPTS + 14 MORE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM OR BED. I GET NO POSITIVE RESPONSES TO ELEVATORS, ESPECELLY FROM THE YOUNG, ABLE, AND THOSE WHO DON'T WANT TO PAY ANY INCREASES IN THEIR ANNUAL FEES. I GET IT! BUT SO OFTER OUR GOVERNMENT DOESN'T LOOK PAST THE PRESENT AND FUTURE NEEDS ARE NOT PLANNED. WE ARE DOING THE SAME. FOR 34 YEARS I HAVE BEEN SEEKING FILTERED WATER FOR THE UNITS. IT NEVER CAME AND I DON'T EXPECT IT TO EVER COME. HOWEVER IT SEEMS THAT EVERY OTHER SITE THAT I VISIT OR OWN (LIGHTHOUSE) HAS FILTERED WATER. SEVERAL SITES ARE NOW INSTALLING ELEVATORS AND FOR MORE REASONS THAN "OLD PEOPLE." MANY PROVISIONS WERE MADE AFTER THE HURRICANE TO ACCOMADATE THE HABDICAPED BUT SOMEHOW CASA WAS SPARRED ELEVATORS. NOT SURE WHY. THE DISABILITY ACT WILL CATCH CASA YBEL IN THE FUTURE AND WE WON'T BE PREPARED. ALL I AM INTERESTED IS IS A FACT FINDING FEASIBILITY STUDY TO DETERMINE THE BEST POSSIBLE ANSWER. I AM NOT SUGGESTING THAT WE DO IT "NOW" BUT TO BE PREPARRED FOR THE FUTURE. PLEASE DON'T THINK THE ONLY REASON FOR ELEVATORS IS FOR OLD PEOPLE! YOU ARE CORRECT, WHEN YOU GET OLD YOU PROBABLY WON'T ENJOY TO ACTIVITIES ON THE ISLAND THAT YOU DO NOW. THANKS FOR LISTENING.Vnnrsa

Ihave not been on this site in quite awhilebut could not resist! I reread all this laughed some cried some and decide I would weigh in. First I am 80 years old and by the grace of God active and able to use my unit at casa.
I first looked at the cost quoted and became quite perplexed 1479x99=146, 421x5=732,105 dollars over 5 years! How is income over 8million? Next if the elevators only? cost 80000 they must be going to install 100 elevators!!
If this were pursued Casa FGH would need a minimum of 4 and possibly as many as 7. Regardless of what was told you there is no way an elevator could be installed for 80, 000dollars. The elevator box (the part you ride in) requires many other parts plus a housing around the shaft, a device to push/pull it up and down, a way to connect it to the buildings, all the other equipment including the electric power equipment. In addition as noted ongoing inspection maintenance and repair.
80, 000 I think that is apipe dreame or maybe one of those funny cigarettes dream!! Lol