Return to Website

The Pilots of 41 Squadron RAF, 1939-1945

If you have a comment about this site, or information to pass on concerning someone or something associated with 41 Squadron from 1939-1945, we would be very happy to hear from you. Maybe you're trying to find information on a pilot? Please add your comments; they are most welcome. Please note, however, that any posts which are irrelevant to 41 Squadron will be deleted without notice. We thank you for your understanding.

Forum: The Pilots of 41 Squadron RAF, 1939-1945
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
F/O William John Moir Scott

I am an artist and am currently researching F/O William John Moir Scott [also known as Jack].He, like myself was from Dundee, and my next painting is to be a tribute to him.

I have collected a fair bit of material relating to F/O Scott, i know he was shot down and killed on 8th Sept 1940 after being 'jumped' by two ME109'S.I know the serial number of his Spitfire R6756, but need the last marking of his plane, i know the squadron markings are EB,but what was the last marking? Can anyone help?

Any information at all would be much appreciated and a great help to me, please get in touch if you can help. Thank you.

Scott Neish

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Email Forms   Free Guestbooks 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com