Return to Website

Bagnall Village USA/Canada Forum

Use this Forum for research inside North America only. If your area of interest is, say, UK, use the UK/Ireland Forum.

Bagnall Village USA/Canada Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: MO bagnell

Thomas Henry Bagnell was born ca 1844 in Canada, married 1877 to Annie Marie Gaunt. I'm related by blood to Annie, trying to compile all of her descendants, any help appreciated. Her children were Nellie, Robert, Thomas, and William. Robert (1880 - 1942) is buried in Ridge Park Cem, Marshall, MO. He was enumerated in Saline Co., MO, in the 1910, '20, and '30 cnsuses. His wife was Ella (or Cora) Williams, do you know when & where she died? Thanks.

I am a great grand-daughter of Robert Bagnell of Mo. He was survived by two daughters, Jane and Harriet. Harriet died without issue. Jane married Henri Chouteau of St. Louis and had five children.

Do you have a little more information about Robert's ancestors? I am looking for a family that originated in Ireland, then went to Quebec, in the 1820s. One or more of THAT family then moved to Mo. The first of my Bagnell family to go to Canada was a Robert. I believe it was his son or grandson who went to Mo. and his name was William. Interestingly, "my" Robert Bagnell had two nieces, one of whom he raised, who were named Jane and Harriet. Although those were not uncommon names, I have found that in my family, people used to name their children after other members of the family, so the fact that these names are the same in both families may mean something.

Try looking up Ray Parson's website. It is not totally accurate, but you may find something of use to you.

I am sorry that it took two years for me to find your message. I wonder where it was buried.

I am still trying to connect my Bagnell family with the Bagnells in Mo. Do you have any information about Thomas' ancestors? My family went to Quebec from Ireland, in the 1820s. The first there was a Robert Bagnell. I believe that it was his son or grandson, Wlliam, who then went on to Mo.

I have run across the names of the people to whom you are referring, but I have no idea if they are related to me. Try looking up Ray Parson's website. Some of his information is not accurate, but he has quite a lot about the Bagnells.