Return to Website

Bagnall Village USA/Canada Forum

Use this Forum for research inside North America only. If your area of interest is, say, UK, use the UK/Ireland Forum.

Bagnall Village USA/Canada Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bagnall's - Samuel Bagnall and Elizabeth Whitehouse

Hi Eileen,
I believe we are related - the Bagnalls and Bremners are on my family tree. Samuel Bagnall was my great great (?:) grandfather on my grandmother's side. My grandmother, Helen B. Keech's mother is Isla Isobel Bagnall who was born on P.E.I. I also a memoir that tells the story of Samuel and his wife Elizabeth in more detail. As per LDS, he was christened Feb 10, 1745 St. Oswald, Ashbourne, Derby, England. He died April 16, 1810 in Hazel Grove P.E.I. He married his wife Elizabeth Whitehouse on Nov 3, 1768, in stone, Stafford, England, and she was born 1748 and died May 7, 1837 in Hazel Grove PEI. Hope this helps. If you would like more info, you can email me back. Thanks,
Krista Moore
Toronto Canada

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I am researching Samuel Bagnall who married Elizabeth Whitehouse at Staffordshire in 1769. Samuel was born Staffordshire, Derby in 1744 now I may have those two switched, he was Christen 20 Feb 1749 in Ipstones, Staffordshire. They had four children while in England and the rest were born in Canada, some in Nova Scotia and the rest at St. John's (Prince Edward Island). Samuel was a Cabinet Maker. I have him as the son of William Bagnall and his wife Mary but know nothing further. Was the Bagnall village named for the Bagnall family or the other way around? Did the family originate in this area?

Thanks Eileen

Re: Bagnall's

Hi Eileen

My maiden name is Bagnall and I think you'll find all the Bagnalls originally came from the village of the same name in Staffordshire, UK. Over hundreds of years the name has changed ... so you could find many of your ancestors using a very different spelling ... for instance ... Bignall, Bidnell, etc ... just to confuse matters!

My fathers name was George Edward Bagnall ... and some of his family come from Much Wenlock and Little Wenlock. His mother and father emigrated to Thessalon, Ontario, Canada, at the beginning of 1900 if I remember correctly, and dad was born there in 1910. They returned a couple of years after the end of WW1 when dad was 10 years of age.

My sister is the family history expert in our family as she has done a lot of research over the years. I've no idea if we're related in any way, but if there's anything I can help you with please let me know and I will ask my sister to contact you.

Bye for now

Cathy

Re: Bagnall's

There is a lot of info if you Google Samual Bagnall the link is the Island registery hope this helps .Fred