Advertise on BaseballEvolution.com | Player Search by Baseball-Reference.com:


Compendium | Team Previews | About Us | Contact
Google Site Search: Web BaseballEvolution.com

BaseballEvolution.com - Fan Forum

BaseballEvolution.com - Fan Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Red Sox vs. Angels

Tom:

You are right and I am wrong.

You are smart and I am dumb.

You are good looking and I am not attractive.

Asher

City Philadelphia

Favorite Team Cubs

Re: Red Sox vs. Angels

Well, to be fair, the favorite probably had, at most, a 60% chance to win. So you may have been "right", and the Red Sox 40% odds came to be, and the Angels 60% odds didn't.

I won't argue with you about the good looking part, though.

Re: Red Sox vs. Angels

The Angels had a 60 run-differential in maybe baseball's lousiest division (whether or not it is worse than the NL West, it is a rubbish bin).

They were a mirage, a mediocrity in mascara.

City Chicago

Favorite Team Braves

Re: Red Sox vs. Angels

10-second analysis you can't get anywhere else.

Oh wait, yes you can.

Re: Red Sox vs. Angels

In order to party here, you have to make your predictions and assessments before you get the results, not after.

City Philadelphia

Favorite Team Cubs

Re: Red Sox vs. Angels

I like how the Dodgers are clearly a "much better team" than the Cubs, even though they had a worse run differential than the Angels and the Cubs had the best run differential in baseall.

I also like how Greg predicted that the Angels would beat the Red Sox a week ago. Of course, he was much younger back then.

Re: Red Sox vs. Angels

I don't think the Red Sox are all that good, either, but the Angels offense is abysmal and their run-differential truly is terrible.

City Chicago

Favorite Team Braves

Re: Red Sox vs. Angels

Postseason series statistics, courtesy of Ron Shandler:

During the last 25 years, the team with the better regular-season run differential won 55% of the time. In five-game series, that figure increased to 63%.

In all seven-game series, the team with the best actual record has won 54% of the time, compared to 49% for the team with the best expected record.

•In seven-game league championship series, the team with the best actual record has won 63% of the time, compared with 55% for the team with the best expected record.

•In the World Series, things get ugly. The team with the best actual record and the team with the best expected record (and often, that was the same team) have won 40% of the time, going 10-15.


www.BaseballEvolution.com
Player Rankings | Hall of Fame | Trivia | Bonehead Sportswriters | Teams | Fun Stuff
Keith | Scott | Asher | Tony | Richard | Karl
About Us | Advertising | Submissions
BaseballEvolution.com is licensed under a Creative Commons License