Compendium | Team Previews | About Us | Contact
Google Site Search: Web BaseballEvolution.com

BaseballEvolution.com - Fan Forum

Forum: BaseballEvolution.com - Fan Forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Red Sox - Rays Game One

Going into last year's Indians Red Sox series, I remember thinking how improbable the Indians performance in 2007 had been, how I continually thought their pitching was bogus and ready to blow up, how I thought their offense was "eh", and how I thought the Red Sox looked better on paper. Despite my affinity for them, I was an Indians doubter all season, and even up 3-1 they seemed to be out-performing themselves.

I don't get that feeling about the Rays. Every time I've thought that "this is it," and the Rays would be finished, they have simply played as if they didn't have a care in the world.

In Game One of the playoffs, against the hated division rival against whom they battled to essentially a draw during the season, with one of their aces on the mound, there is simply no way I expect the Rays to lose this game.

Say this for the Red Sox - again - but they have their pitching lined up right. Dice-K and Beckett away from Fenway, then Lester and Wakefield in Fenway, is the best look this team can give.

But there is no way the Rays lose Game One. No way.

City Philadelphia

Favorite Team Cubs

Re: Red Sox - Rays Game One

Red Sox win game one. Put in the books.

Wow, and this is coming from one of the biggest Matszaka haters that I know.

Rays 4, Red Sox 2.

Okay, I think I have the touch.

Anything I say in October, the opposite comes true.

City Philadelphia

Favorite Team Cubs

Tim Wakefield is a pretty good bet for Game 4. 19-5, 3.32 career against them.

Winning on the road with Garza against Lester was a coup for the Rays.

Sonnanstine was the guy I expected the Red Sox to steal one at Fenway with. I expect the Rays to win tonight.

City Philadelphia

Favorite Team Cubs

Two other factors to consider - Andy Sonnanstine pitching back-to-back good games is incredibly rare, and Tim Wakefield has a post-season ERA in the sixes.

Go Rays.

City Philadelphia

Favorite Team Cubs

That is crazy. I have a recollection of Wakefield pitching well in several important postseason games. Maybe it was only Game 5 of the 2004 ALCS. Just another example of baseball memory being suspect, I see.

Also, Sonnanstine isn't terific when he pitches on more than four days of rest. He works on seven tonight.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Cheap Domains