Compendium | Team Previews | About Us | Contact
Google Site Search: Web BaseballEvolution.com

BaseballEvolution.com - Fan Forum

Forum: BaseballEvolution.com - Fan Forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Top 100 Compilation

21 internet Top 100 lists compiled into one.

It doesn't look awful, which means our five lists probably are included.

Re: Top 100 Compilation

Maddux an Bonds need to be higher, IMO.

And A-Rod as well.

"There are also some easy to explain oddities: a few of the lists were written in the late 1990s and very early 2000s – this clearly works against active players. I’m guessing Albert Pujols makes the cut in ten years. Also, not everyone included Negro League players in their list, explaining these players’ poorer than expected rankings."

The obvious problems - Mays, Clemente, DiMaggio, and Spahn - are there, but they aren't overrated as much as I've seen them elsewhere. Again, it's hard to say how much of an impact, if any, our own lists had.

You know, we have five lists on our site which we generated. If he used all five, then that would be almost 25% of his calculus.

And the inclusion of Rich's list individually is probably the only possible explanation for Griffey being ranked 36th overall. If this is an average, then someone would have had to have ranked Griffey higher than 36th, and I don't think I've seen that other than from Rich.

I have to say, the similarities to our composite list are pretty striking.

City Philadelphia

Favorite Team Cubs

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Free Blogs   Email Forms   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com

www.BaseballEvolution.com
Player Rankings | Hall of Fame | Trivia | Bonehead Sportswriters | Teams | Fun Stuff
Keith | Scott | Asher | Tony | Richard | Karl
About Us | Advertising | Submissions
BaseballEvolution.com is licensed under a Creative Commons License