Google Site Search: Web BaseballEvolution.com

BaseballEvolution.com - Fan Forum

Forum: BaseballEvolution.com - Fan Forum
Start a New Topic 
Thread Sticky Sticky Thread    
Author
Comment
Message Boards Expire November 28

Our contract for the Fan Forum expires November 28. Bravenet has increased the price, and I'm pretty sure we can get a message board service with more functionality for comparable money.

One problem with switching, of course, is that we would likely lose all of the old messages here. Would that devastate anyone? What features would you most want to see if we switch message board providers? Would it bother you if we did not have a message board at all? All feedback is appreciated.

Re: Message Boards Expire November 28

I would not be OK with not having a message board.

City NYC

Favorite Team Yankees

I like having a message board. I'm ok with losing old threads if it's too much bother although some have some good stuff in 'em.

I would like an edit option on the new board...

Haven't heard from you in a while, yankeefan. Start posting again if you like these boards so much!

"message board service with more functionality for comparable money"

Let's do it.

"would that devastate anyone"

I actually think we should do all we can to try and save old threads. Perhaps we could assign everyone willing to join in the task a certain number of threads to save from a certain timeframe, to ensure we don't all run into the same things.

I don't even like the forums THAT much -- or more to the point, I don't have that much time -- but I'd like to help and see threads saved, and if there's anything I can do let me know. And if I can, I will.

City Chicago

Favorite Team Braves

Let's move on to a new board.

How does everyone feel about simply moving to Scout-powered message boards? We can add a general baseball forum to the FutureBacks Forums. It would be free and you can do a lot of cool things with them, including poll questions, rating posts and editing posts. You don't need any html knowledge to create links or format text. There is even an "Ignore This User" feature that Asher can use when Karl is getting on his nerves.

So I am going to go through and save all of the threads that are 10 replies or longer. If anyone wants other threads saved, copy them by Friday and email them to me.

Scratch that. If anyone wants a particular < 10 reply thread saved, just post the title of the thread here and I will do the rest.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Free Blogs   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com

www.BaseballEvolution.com
Player Rankings | Hall of Fame | Trivia | Bonehead Sportswriters | Teams | Fun Stuff
Keith | Scott | Asher | Tony | Richard | Karl
About Us | Advertising | Submissions
BaseballEvolution.com is licensed under a Creative Commons License