Return to Website

Above & Beyond Hockey

your thoughts on the books, the site, and on the state of the game (and, occasionally, our replies)

Above & Beyond Hockey
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Playoff predictions?

Looking at the Eastern Conference it's interesting to see that the final playoff spot to be decided is actually for 3rd place.

In the NHL's world, this makes sense.

Stu

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Carolina Panthers indeed. Wonder where my brain was that day. That's the problem with not having enough sleep.

Now it looks like the Canucks are in, and bully for them. They have played incredibly well since the Olympics. And the Canadiens are in. And Washington is just short, unless the Hurricanes (which is a dumb name for a hockey team, since everyone knows that a blizzard is hockey weather, a hurricane is not) lose the last few and Wash wins. Right now, 1 pt and Carolina and its 4 fans have something to celebrate.

-Alex K

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

This is more a question of which of the on-the-bubble teams you think will make it.

I'm thinking that Edmonton will, Montreal will, but Vancouver will fall short. As for the south-of-the-border teams, I don't really want Washington to make it, but I can see them almost overtaking Carolina and knocking the Panthers out.

-Alex