General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Planet Granite: Rock Climbing Gym

Planet Granite: Rock Climbing Gym
I just learned how to 'belay' for rock climbing at Planet Granite with my family this weekend. Wow! I had no idea how much fun this is for kids and parents! There were tons of families there, and my daughter had a blast climbing the walls in the kids area! After I took a class learning to belay (which is where you learn to hold a safety rope for a climber), I got to hold the rope for my daughter as she climbed. She loved it! We are going back every weekend that we can. I also got to climb, and that was much more fun than I expected. I am a little scared of heights, but I got to the top of the wall and stuck my name tag there and felt a huge rush, then happiness to get down... I am still going to do it again. The great thing about this place is that they had all organic snacks for kids and parents. They are very eco-minded and have many eco-events posted on the walls too. I went to the one in San Mateo, but there is one in SF too.

Re: Planet Granite: Rock Climbing Gym

I made a mistake. I took a look again at the snacks and they were not all organic, but mostly. They had vegan organic cookies of many types, organic energy bars, organic trail type mixes, and organic animal cookies. They also had some non-organic drinks and chips.