General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our First MOVIE NIGHT! Movie: King Corn!

Our First MOVIE NIGHT! Movie: King Corn!

Boy that was really fun! We will do this more often, maybe we can try for once a month or once every two months. What did you think of the movie? Did you get questions that it brought up....answered? Anyone who was not there, please feel free to comment too!

I just can't get over how shady that lady that worked for the Corn Syrup Company was!

A couple things that struck me from the movie:
-70% of antibiotic use in this country is for cows to treat the acidosis they get from corn feed! Not for treating infections or disease! Yikes! I had no idea!

-The farmers only make money from government subsidies, not from profit of the corn at all! The corn is sold too cheap.

Re: Our First MOVIE NIGHT! Movie: King Corn!

My favorite movie to hate what I learned from it. I was amazed and overwhelmed by the quality of the feed given to the animals. Almost borders on inhumane treatment. I was also taken aback by the number of consumer products with high fructose corn syrup in them. With the price of corn going up because of flooding and loss of acreage in the midwest..... and our move to ethonol as the savior fuel, I want my own farmer! The commodity prices will sky rocket.