General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My latest green efforts. Anyone else want to share?

Re: My latest green efforts. Anyone else want to share?

Wow! You are hardcore! That is awesome! I tried limiting dryer use, but I can only do it on hot days since our weather is very moist. I made a clothes line recently outside for this. We don't have enough room that I can find to hang dry our clothes inside all the time. Although, I try to do it when I can now.

I like your idea about writting names on glasses. In the past we used different colored rubber bands to do the same thing, but we should get back to that. Thanks for inspiring me to get back to that.

This is for tub showers: An idea about the shower that I just thought of today (and warning....this is hardcore):
Right before your shower, plug your tub, then draw a water line on your tube with a wax crayon or something non-permanant. This line is where you turn off your water when the water level in the tub hits it. It encourages you to take a shorter shower and limit your water use during your shower. It also gives you some additional water to rinse your razor in if you are shaving. But don't forget to turn the water off when you shave! I am going to try this just for kicks to see if it works.
(I forgot that you might want to take a normal shower first to see how much of your tub you actually fill up...then decide where your water line will be.)