General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Blog COMMENTS RE: Moving Forward to the Old Ways?

Mellow Yellow

Oh yah! yellowing can get stinky. I can only do it for so long.

Yes! And as for "organic food" - before WWII, they simply called it "food"! (insert rant regarding "conventional" label euphemistically applied to chemical agriculture!)

Yep, you're at the cutting edge of an ancient technology.

I wonder about diapers: a doc at the local clinic remarked on our cloth diapers - "how do you like these old fashioned diapers?" - these were fancy organic side-snappers with breathable covers: how DID they diaper in The Old Days?

-rene

Great point about "food" v. "organic food" v. "conventional food" v. "chemically supported food" or whatever we'd call it. My husband commented that at that time there was the general feeling that science would make all of life better (hmmm, some yes, some no, eh?). That coupled with a huge growth in population there was a need for much better yield to keep up with the food needs. I expect there's a middle ground - a way to feed the world's population while reducing the chemical methods (etc.) and increasing a healthier way to live?

That said, not all new ways are bad and old ways better. The "new" realization about germs, bacteria, washing hands, brushing teeth is okay by me!