General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: BLOG: New Year, Old Shirt, New Hankies

Oh perfect!
I always buy my husband new undershirts for Christmas and donate the old ones to charity. But I haven't donated them yet. I can't wait to try out the hanky idea. Having a toddler around the house guarantees a fair share of runny noses. Thanks for sharing your idea! Plus it will give me a chance to practice my embroidering!

Another use for cut-up old t-shirt, Cleaning eyeglasses! From TheDailyGreen.com:

To do so, never use any soaps or anything that contains ammonia. Instead, run warm tap water over both sides of each lens to wash away the oo-and-goo that may have settled on them. Then proceed to clean them with a fifty-fifty mixture of white vinegar and distilled water in a spray bottle.

Also, never dry eyeglasses with anything that began as wood -- paper towels, toilet paper or tissue -- because they contain abrasives that'll scratch lenses. Instead, cut up an old t-shirt, or better yet, dry eyeglass lenses with silk from an old necktie. Remember to wash your homemade cleaning cloths often because the dust and dirt trapped within them will eventually scratch your lenses, too.

To Candice regarding hankies:
That would be nice to embroider the cut up t-shirts. Yours are going to look fantastic! Mine are pretty basic. I just cut them up and threw them in a pretty basket.

I love this idea! I have a few shirts I don't wear anymore that were from my pregnancy... I've been waiting for someone to get pregnant to give them away, but this is a cute idea...

embroidery would look really cute!

another idea is to make a toddler dress out of old T-shirts... I've made my daughter a PJ out of two old graphic T-shirts.

Here's where I got the idea:
http://indietutes.blogspot.com/2007/06/adult-tee-to-childs-dress-recon.html

Happy Sewing!!!

We recycle dad's worn out tshirts as paint shirts or sleeping shirts. They are soooooo big and fun - the arms come down to their hands and they look like robes, but my boys loved them. Easy to find, easy to wash, soft, and holey - the best.