Index > Visitors Area > Jibber Jabber Area > Tips for Uploading Your Layouts to My Forum
Forum: Jibber Jabber Area
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Tips for Uploading Your Layouts to My Forum

In this forum, you need an html code...and this is how I do it...
First go to http://photobucket.com/ and sign up...
It's FREE!
You might want to make sure your layouts are 800x800 or smaller...I make mine 8x8 and change the size to 72dpi..this seems to be a perfect size for the forum.
After you sign up, upload your layout from your computer...After it uploads, you will get a menu of different codes...Here is what it will look like...

right click on the HTML code like my example...COPY it, then come here, Post a message and PASTE that code in your posting box...Hit Post Message, and it will show up...
Now if you have a PAID account like I do...the code might look a little different...here is my example...

Your HTML code has an added _TH in it, which will make your layout a thumbsize image...So you want to take that part out of the code, like this:

Hopefully, you can see the red circled part....Just delete the _th and nothing else before posting and it will show up normal size...K?
There are other ways to do this, but I think this is the easiest...Hope this helps...((HUGS))

Re: Tips for Uploading Your Layouts to My Forum

Thought I would "bump" this up for the newbies...Hope this helps everyone...((HUGS))

Here is a sample of the tags we make. It's animated and I'm not sure if the animation will work in this group??
Karen

How cute...

Photobucket
January Quote Challenge

Photobucket

Myra, in order to get your challenge prizes, you will have to post these in the correct challenge thread...Hope this helps..

I really need help learning how to post my layouts in the right place. I just know that I am not doing this right.

Just putting this back on top for the newbies--

You said to delete _TH. However, it reads th_. Would you clarify this, please.

Try just copying the whole HTML code--as it should work without having to delete the th.

Is there another program I can use as photobucket is not working right now. It has x out most my layouts and won't download any. It says there are system errors. I might need to redownload the program.

Sorry Katherine, I'm just seeing this now...There shouldn't be a program for photobucket to download...You just upload your pages right from your computer...then you copy the HTML code and come in here and paste it in your post...

You can also upload it to a scrapbooking gallery, then right click on the image and click on properties....then highlight the address url, come in here and in your post paste the address putting after the link...no spaces...

Oh dear, this sounds complicated!!! How long does the challenge last so I can get the kit? It might take me awhile to figure this one out; I have problems with my internet going off and on; mostly off! So, my time is limited. Thank you for bumping up the instructions, though. Hopefully, I will 'get' it!!
Hugs,
Joyce
PS I posted my layout already on my face book page; hope that was ok.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/themescrapkits/permalink/452900448066076#!/joyce.swaim

Joyce, I grabbed your page from FB and posted it in the HFD Thread. We need your e-mail address to send you the link. I also gave you some info on how I upload to the Forum. I hope it helps.

Hugs, Linda

Every time I load my page, the right-hand side of the page is missing. I have tried to make it smaller and smaller, but to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

Alida

Alida, I find that when I upload to photobucket I set the Image size to 560 or 640 and it works well for this Forum. Hope this helps.

Thanks Linda. That seems to have done the trick. The surface of the photograph looks a little odd, I will have to try and work out why that is. At least it now fits on the page.

Cheers
Alida

Great News Alida. Welcome to our community!

Bringing to the to again.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Email Forms   Free Guestbooks 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com