Who Is Your Creator message forum

Who Is Your Creator message forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
No. You Show US Where

"Wow, gee whiz, how fascinating that science gets better over time. Hunh. Wonder how that happens. Science also thought the sun revolved around the earth and that the earth was flat. Funny how science can update itself as new evidence is found, regardless of the Bible."

Are you suggesting that the Bible says that the earth is flat and that the sun revolves around the earth? If so, please show US where.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

"In response to your comment below admitting that evolutionists have not come up with a feasible process that would create novel or more complex traits to appear"

Let me make this abundantly clear. I did not say this, nor will I ever admit to this.

The process is mutation and natural selection. This is ToE.
The SPECIFIC DETAILS of this particular process (which genes changed and in what order and how they survived the particular environmental pressure) are not currently known.

"Without a bit of empirical evidence of evolution occurring..."

You again are actively ignoring ALL of the abundant evidence to the contrary. Guess what, it's even *empirical*, too.

I don't understand why you are insisting on assuming I'm saying something I'm actually actively contradicting.

"Referring to the long held evolutionary claim that began in 1972, evolutionists decided that most genetic material was ‘junk.’ For decades, evolutionists arrogantly and willfully turned a blind eye to the importance of it, only to find out now that it’s actually the key to how genes function."

Wow, gee whiz, how fascinating that science gets better over time. Hunh. Wonder how that happens. Science also thought the sun revolved around the earth and that the earth was flat. Funny how science can update itself as new evidence is found, regardless of the Bible.

Was science attempting to *impede its own progress* at any time? NO. It just DIDN'T KNOW at that time. Further investigation improves science knowledge.

"How interesting that creationists knew all along that the Creator had created more than just ‘junk.’"

"God don't make no junk", eh?

Heh, it's great that these people predicted that a use would be found for the "junk DNA", but what research did CREATIONISTS and "cdesign proponentists" do to further that idea?

How interesting that creationists claim to have known all along about everything because of a 1700 year old book based on 2000 year old stories. Happens with a lot of stuff.

Care to show us the chapter and verse that explains even ANY basic detail about DNA and RNA?

Please be specific.

Yup, the Bible is a great science book:

"Are you suggesting that the Bible says that the earth is flat and that the sun revolves around the earth? If so, please show US where."

Flat Earth:

Job 38:12-14
Matthew 4:1-12
Daniel 4:10-11
Isaiah 40:18-23

- http://sol.sci.uop.edu/~jfalward/Flat_Earth.htm

Geocentrism:

ECCLESIASTES 1:4-7
Genesis 15:12,17
Psalms 104:19
PSALMS 50:1

-from http://www.geocentricbible.com/

Your further postings will be deleted

This forum was created to give evolutionists an opportunity to empirically prove evolution to be true, as well as creationists to counter with conflicting evidence.

Since evolution is presented and taught as a fact, the burden of proof is upon evolutionists, rather than creationists to prove creation is true.

In response to your claim the the Bible states several time that the earth is flat, why don't you look these over and think about it again:
NOTE the definitions of "ends":
Either extremity of something that has length: the end of the pier.
The outside or extreme edge or physical limit; a boundary: the end of town.
The point in time when an action, an event, or a phenomenon ceases or is completed; the conclusion: the end of the day.
A remainder; a remnant.

Job 38:12-14
Have you commanded the morning since your days began,
And caused the dawn to know its place,
That it might take hold of the ends of the earth,
And the wicked be shaken out of it?
It takes on form like clay under a seal,
And stands out like a garment.

Matthew 4:1-12
Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward He was hungry. Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.”
But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’”Then the devil took Him up into the holy city, set Him on the pinnacle of the temple, and said to Him, “If You are the Son of God, throw Yourself down. For it is written:

Daniel 4:10-11
These were the visions of my head while on my bed:
I was looking, and behold,
A tree in the midst of the earth,
And its height was great.
The tree grew and became strong;
Its height reached to the heavens,
And it could be seen to the ends of all the earth.

Isaiah 40:18-23
To whom then will you liken God?
Or what likeness will you compare to Him?
The workman molds an image,
The goldsmith overspreads it with gold,
And the silversmith casts silver chains.
Whoever is too impoverished for such a contribution
Chooses a tree that will not rot;
He seeks for himself a skillful workman
To prepare a carved image that will not totter.
Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
Has it not been told you from the beginning?
Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth?
It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.
He brings the princes to nothing;
He makes the judges of the earth useless.

ECCLESIASTES 1:4-7
One generation passes away, and another generation comes;
But the earth abides forever.
The sun also rises, and the sun goes down,
And hastens to the place where it arose.
The wind goes toward the south,
And turns around to the north;
The wind whirls about continually,
And comes again on its circuit.
All the rivers run into the sea,
Yet the sea is not full;
To the place from which the rivers come,
There they return again.

Genesis 15:12
Now when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and behold, horror and great darkness fell upon him.

Genesis 15:17
And it came to pass, when the sun went down and it was dark, that behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a burning torch that passed between those pieces.

Psalms 104:19
He appointed the moon for seasons;
The sun knows its going down.

PSALMS 50:1
The Mighty One, God the LORD,
Has spoken and called the earth
From the rising of the sun to its going down.

Re: Your further postings will be deleted

Deleting postings that pose a rational argument. That has got to be a first for creationist. Not only that but here we have a classic case in witch you contradict yourself in the very first sentence of your response.
"This forum was created to give evolutionists an opportunity to empirically prove evolution to be true, as well as creationists to counter with conflicting evidence" So it makes me wonder why further postings would be deleted? Unless what you really meant to say is something like.
I choose not to listen to your argument and will dismiss it and any other claims, including "empirical proof" as we have made up our minds.
But how I wish you would have stopped there. Instead you went on and quoted verse after verse of the bible.
None of witch have anything to do with the topic at hand. Well I guess it should be expected from creationists.

I would like to however comment on a point you tried to make, and I quote.

"Since evolution is presented and taught as a fact, the burden of proof is upon evolutionists, rather than creationists to prove creation is true."

Well there are a couple of things wrong with this statement the first of witch is the word evolutionists. Taking in to account what has been said on the website. It seems to refer to evolutionists as a religion or creed. Yet there is no such organization as I know of no group of people that gather together in a place of worship on Sunday or any given day, and chant and recite prayers to their sacred fossils/monkeys. They wouldn't even get a tax break for claiming they are evolutionists so lets throw that wanton abuse of the English vocabulary out.
Evolution is a theory and not a religion.

That said let's move on to the second part of that statement "The burden of proof" Well if detailed studies of fossilized remains, reproductional variation, genetic drift, punctuated equilibrium do nothing to sway your opinion. Then it is feasible to say that nothing ever will.

The fact that Evolution is taught in schools is the results of our nations initiative to teach the most accurate science that is presently available to us. It seems so very strange to me that Evolution would pose any threat to religion since there is absolutely no dogma in science. Yet here we are. It is nothing at all like comparing apples and oranges, at least those are both fruits. It is more like the equivalent of trying to compare a race car and mitochondria and suggesting that they have a symbiotic relationship.

Well I have said enough. feel free to sensor any further posts as it is provably the only thing you have left to cling to and your final insult to morality and to those who have paid for your idea of "freedom of speech" with their lives.