Who Is Your Creator message forum

Who Is Your Creator message forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
What is an "animal", then?

"Genetic variation falls under the rubric of God's command to "Be fruitful and multiply" in Genesis 1:28. This suggests that for that to happen, there needs to be built into all living things the ability to adapt to a changing environment, but without changing so much that one animal actually becomes another animal."

Then my question to this is: how do you tell one animal from another animal? What are the qualifiers?

Example: Is the thylacine a different "animal" than a canine? Was it on the ark along with canines, or was the pair of canines on the ark the ancestor to the thylacine (ignoring for the sake of argument, of course, the modern taxonomy)?

They certainly look like they'd be of the same "kind", don't you think?

You are confused again, but you gave us a great opening

1. This board is for evolutionists to defend a theory that is taught as fact in education. If creation is ever taught as fact, we'll talk about the ark.

2. You sound confused about variation. Are you asking us to educate you in modern taxonomy?

3. Please explain the genetic difference between the thylacine (marsupial) and canines (placental) and why you think that they might be related.

2. Please explain in detail how convergent evolution works to create the Tasmanian Wolf and grey wolf in a separate independent manner?

Then why is this thread here?

"This board is for evolutionists to defend a theory that is taught as fact in education. If creation is ever taught as fact, we'll talk about the ark."

Exactly. So why did this thread start in the first place? So we can debunk "common descent with limitations"? What does that have to do with evolution?

"You sound confused about variation. Are you asking us to educate you in modern taxonomy?"

Nope, I need no education from you with regards to taxonomy. What I DO need is education regarding the *Biblical* difference between "animals", my example being canines and thylacines.

"Please explain the genetic difference between the thylacine (marsupial) and canines (placental) and why you think that they might be related."

In terms of genetics I cannot tell you - I am not qualified to answer that. In terms of TAXONOMY I can certainly answer that question. Are you still interested in the answer, or is that not the point?

"Please explain in detail how convergent evolution works to create the Tasmanian Wolf and grey wolf in a separate independent manner?"

Convergent evolution is easy:

'convergent evolution is the process whereby organisms not closely related (not monophyletic), independently evolve similar traits as a result of having to adapt to similar environments or ecological niches' -wikipedia

So the tasmanian wolf and the gray wolf each evolved their own traits based on their environment (ToE), but the traits happened to be similar because their environments to which they were adapting are similar. However, they are still fundamentally different animals in many respects.

Why do you want me to explain this to you? What is so hard about this?

Re: Then why is this thread here?

1. This thread is here to clarify that there is proof for variation and that creationists (most) believe it occurs.

2. Beyond variation, there is no proof, no observation of, and no facts substantiating common descent with unlimited modification.

3. Monday morning, we'll start a new round of the "Let's See How Evolution Works" game and it will cover convergent evolution. You'll have ample time to explain it to us