Who Is Your Creator message forum

Who Is Your Creator message forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
To Whoisyourcreator and everyone

Whoisyourcreator, this is a great forum. The debates are great.

I have a 4 year degree from the U of O, of Anthropology. I recieved this in 2005. Human evolution is a very large subject of Anthropology, which is the study of humans. I found human evolution fascinating, and took multiple classes. My degree says I have a Degree of Science, which is a true statement.

Whoisyourcreator, I have read some of your writing, and you are obviously a very, very intelligent person. It is obvious with how you write and how you express yourself. I respect that extremely.

I have always been interested with where everything came from. You are definitely right that the study of human evolution has made a lot of discoveries (especially in Africa), but the study is not complete at all, not even close. Scientists have different ideas disagree how human evolution has worked, but then again that is the fun part of science.(disagrement and studying)

I respect religion completely, and I think it is a great thing. I have visited and studied several religions and enjoyed it completely.

I will admit right now that I am very, very rusty with what I studied. This website might be a blessing in discuise to get my knowledge back if I can.

Today, we are all Homo Sapien Sapiens. In other words we are all equal. I do believe that evolution does happen. A simple example is that cultures that lived in high altitudes for thousands of years have larger lungs. This is not a coincidence. Their lungs evolved to their surroundings over thousands and thousands of years.

Here is another lame little example. I remember when I was a freshman, one of the first activities my 101 class did was with M&M candies. We got a handful of M&Ms and threw them in to some grass. I had 10 seconds to find them and pick them up. In almost every experiment, the green M&Ms were harder to find, and therefor got to stay, and would breed. A very lame example I admit, but It came to my mind so I wanted to share it.

Whoisyourcreator, I think that you're a great person and you have all of my respect. I guess my opinion is that science and religion should always stay seperate. In other words, I believe in human evolution, but I also have religion in my life. Thanks for reading this!

Why science and religion are ONE - The Gospel

Thank you for the kind words and I apologize about the delay in my response.

There are two of your comments that I would like to respond to.

First, in light of your mention of larger lungs found in humans living in high altitudes, variation and adaptation within ‘kinds’ is an observable and scientific fact that fits perfectly into creationism. (Refer to:
http://www.whoisyourcreator.com/genesis_account_of_creation.html)
The Theory of Evolution, however, is based on the unproven appearance of novel traits and features, not merely a change of size or shape of an existing one.

Second, I would like to respond to your claim that science and religion should stay separate. For those of us who believe in the Genesis account of creationism, there is NO wall that divides science and religion. Because God is our Creator, knowledge is through God and Him only.

It is impossible to reconcile the Book of Genesis while believing in the theory of evolution. The Genesis account of creationism and the fall of man are crucial to understanding why it is our fallen nature that sends God’s wrath upon us. Without that understanding, there is no need of ‘saving’ from a ‘Savior’ and His crucifixion and resurrection would have been senseless. His love and sacrifice for us in spite of our utter depravity means nothing apart from Jesus.

Admittedly, Christians have been a poor example of God’s love and sacrifice. But the problem is that we still sin, even after salvation. As seen on this board, I have been snippy and arrogant, exposing my own pathetic nature of pride and self-righteousness. While we should be better at fighting our sin because we are more aware of it, we still fall short every day, and yet strive harder the next. This is the very reason that our faith is based on the perfection of Jesus only, not His followers.

The peace that God promises is with Him, not with the world. Christians are promised tribulation in this world as we are like fish swimming upstream. We know that we seem ‘odd’ to the world, and many of us are estranged from friends, family, and coworkers. The very people we desperately pray for are the ones that snicker behind our backs laughing at our attempts to distance ourselves from unrighteous worldly values. We endure the world’s hatred and are continually insulted and ridiculed when people interpret our sharing the Gospel as intolerant and personal intrusion.

Our hearts are broken for the lost, and we are pained by each and every voice of hostility, rebellion and rejection. But because we know so many will perish without receiving the free gift of forgiveness and salvation, we do it out of love for the unsaved, not because we need people to join our ‘club.’ We lift up our prayers to God, go out and proclaim the Gospel, get ‘beat up,’ dust ourselves off, and then go back out so we might advance His Kingdom and the Truth.

This is what we are called to do.

For those of you who aren’t saved, please consider this:
How long will you live?
How long will you be dead (eternity)?
Are you ABSOLUTELY sure of where you will go when you die?
http://www.livingwaters.com/good/

Remember … for the unsaved, this life is as good as it will get. For the saved, this life is the worst that it will ever be.

“It is appointed unto men once to die, but after this, the Judgment.”
-Hebrews 9:27

How does this disprove evolution?

Looks like you're falling off the wagon of your own rules, Julie. This religious rant is indicative of the reason why creationism isn't taught in schools. Too much belief, no evidence.

To respond to some things very quickly (since I am clearly unsaved):

>For those of you who aren’t saved, please consider this:
>How long will you live?

I have no idea, hopefully until at least 70.

>How long will you be dead (eternity)?

Yup.

>Are you ABSOLUTELY sure of where you will go when you die?

Nope, and neither are you. Are you ABSOLUTELY sure there is a place to GO TO when you die?

>Remember … for the unsaved, this life is as good as it will get. For the saved, >this life is the worst that it will ever be.

This is the first step to sounding like some sort of "death cult". "When you die things are better." Sounds a little bit suicidal, don't you think?

I'd rather make the most of the time that I DO have here and make myself immortal through those I inspire and teach (including my children). Rather than dedicate my life to a God who I can't prove exists, I'd rather dedicate my life to people I can interact with and see here and now - this is the life we KNOW exists.

Julie, if you're gonna make posts like this that are off-topic, you'd better expect to get some off-topic rebuttal... so if you're gonna delete my post you might as well delete yours as well.

Re: Why science and religion are ONE - The Gospel

"It is impossible to reconcile the Book of Genesis while believing in the theory of evolution. "

The Book of Genesis is just some stories made up by some men who lived a long time ago. It is interesting in terms of what it reveals about the culture of the time but no more factual than Mother Goose.

Wow, I've achieved the impossible!

Would you like to play "The Let's See How Evolution Works" game?

Thank you for the very scientific and articulate posting.

What might be more compelling is that you share with us how evolution supoosedly occurs or empirical evidence of it occurring so we could then enter into a serious debate.

For reference on how we do this, refer to http://pub17.bravenet.com/forum/1424646898/fetch/730388/

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

"It is impossible to reconcile the Book of Genesis while believing in the theory of evolution. "

The Book of Genesis is just some stories made up by some men who lived a long time ago. It is interesting in terms of what it reveals about the culture of the time but no more factual than Mother Goose.

Wow, I've achieved the impossible!