Return to Website

24 Missile Regt RA MessageBoard

Enter your comments below, I.S.P Tracker active for misusers of this forum. I will ban you. 

Forum: 24 Missile Regt RA MessageBoard
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Ski Hut

24 Msl Regt had a ski hut in southern Germany, I went there in the mid 1960's, Berchtesgarden somewhere, can anyone remember the exact location? or the name of the hut.

Re: Ski Hut

I went ski-ing to a place called Uberamagau in 67/68.That was a lodge, then in 68/69 we went to Garmish/partenkirshen which was an American army base.I was in X survey troop then changed to staff troop to work in the serviceing bay.Paderborn 1967 to 71.

Email  

Quote: Anthony Pettinger
I went ski-ing to a place called Uberamagau in 67/68.That was a lodge, then in 68/69 we went to Garmish/partenkirshen which was an American army base.I was in X survey troop then changed to staff troop to work in the serviceing bay.Paderborn 1967 to 71.

No, that's not the one I visited, have since found out that it was in/around Berchtesgaden, if I remember it was the old fire station for Hitlers Eagles Nest at Obersalzberg.
I spent some time with survey troop on a mapping exercise in Norway, I was one of the support vehicle mechanics, had a great time.

That must be were I remember your name from (Norway), I was also there.It was 1970 when the world cup was on.

Email  

Jock, I can't remember you but I was in 51 Bty when you were there. The name of the place is called the Berghoff a couple of "K's" past the Eagles Nest and the then General Walker Hotel, The same hut was used by 50 regt when 24 disbanded I ran the hut (yes a old SS fire station) in winter 1981 as a WO2 many good memories.

Email  

Doug, thanks for the info,I've found it on google maps and plan to visit some time this spring, Hotel Hainberg was the local 'gasthaus' so that'll be my billet for a few nights, I'm looking forward to re-living a few good old memories, thanks again.

Jock, When you get there to the Gaste hause (I knew it only as Frau Shroders) ask around for Willy Fitsimmons he was in 24 in 76.51btys he used to live opposite the pub send him my regards if you would Cheers

Email  

Hi Jock I once knew a jock urquhart that was back in 1960-63 Mansergh troop Bramcote ! (RA .? )not REME !!
I skied for 24 Msl regt and stayed Twice in a cow shed near -OBERYOCH, BAVERIA .
This help you ?

Email  
Re: Ski Hut (Geordie Dave Robinson H/Q Batt, 24 Missile.

Sorry this message is not about the ski hut, but I have been talking to Geordie Dave Robinson on the phone he and would like you to contact him. His phone no's are 0191388341, and 07710213606 or you could contact his brother on line at corfupete@hotmail.com. I hope you get this message.

Email  

i was on that trip to norway as you say we had a great time i remember you and your n
mate very well i also went skiing iwas in 24s ski team happy days

Email  

Hello my old friend do you remember me Bdr.(Ginge)Robinson I was in X Survey Troop I also worked along side of you in the servicing bay

Email  

Quote: dave (ginge) robinson
Hello my old friend do you remember me Bdr.(Ginge)Robinson I was in X Survey Troop I also worked along side of you in the servicing bay

Could it be you are confusing me with someone else Ginge, I don't remember ever working in the servicing bay, I was REME and worked in the main workshop for HQ Bty fitters.

yes jock if i remember when you was in norway you and your mate had to strip an engine completly down carnt remember what was wrong also the world cup was on that year on the way back we stoped in kiel

Quote: trevor ward
yes jock if i remember when you was in norway you and your mate had to strip an engine completly down carnt remember what was wrong also the world cup was on that year on the way back we stoped in kiel

Hi Trevor, yes we did, it was a burnt out exhaust valve and we had to remove the cylinder head to replace it, the L/rover started misfiring halfway up Denmark and one of the other rovers towed it so that we could all catch the ferry to Norway. Oh happy days. lol

were you a member of the buffs alister because the Jock Urquart I knew was a member of the buffs

Email  

Quote: dave (ginge) robinson
were you a member of the buffs alister because the Jock Urquart I knew was a member of the buffs

No Dave, that's not me then, never been a member.

Hi Jock is there any chance of you coming to the reunion in September would love to see you again after all these years if you need to recollect me if you go to 24 Missile site HQ Bty photo (the one in number two dress with hats on)I'm third row third from the right let me know if you are coming or if you recognise me take care8pt

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com