Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Marti Support At The Beginning Of The Lockdown Sessions Back In April 2020

Hey Good Evening

Scots singer Marti Pellow has done his bit, to show support for NHS staff on the frontline of the coronavirus pandemic.

The Wet Wet Wet frontman performed a special rendition of his groups iconic 90s hit Love is All Around in tribute to those risking their lives, in the battle against the deadly virus.

The Clydebank-born star posted a video of him belting out the classic, a cover of the 1967 song by The Troggs, to his Facebook page.

And fans were delighted with the updated version of the record-breaking tune, which spent an astounding 15 weeks at the top of the charts when it was released back in 1994.

The clip on Martis official Facebook page has racked up more than 1.6k views so far, with followers praising the note perfect performance.

Marti was inspired to get his vocal chords warmed up again after his first in his lockdown sessions series went down a storm, with 11,000 people watching his version of the Beatles With a Little Help From My Friends, in tribute to Sam Emmonds, who is in hospital in Portsmouth, as well as NHS staff.

The star posted a message along with his newly released online gig, saying: It was heartwarming to see and hear all of your get well wishes for Sam and all the brave nhs.uk angels. Even after a hard 12 hour shift on the front lines you still took time to share kind words and smiles for us all. I think it’s just wonderful that the community of fans have such a collective caring spirit. I am humbled by it.

You asked for another one so here it is, sing along if you know the words. Love is all around us, Marti x.

I was so humbled by Martis lockdown sessions, that begun on April 17th 2020. On that same day, Marti posted a Wakey Wakey video to put a smile on the fans faces, as a laugh saying in Lockdown wearing non matching PJs.

Then the Lockdown Q&As begun on April 22nd. We got Marti on social media 6 days out of 7, sometimes there was a 5 days out of 7 twice, then Marti was on 13 days in a row without taking a break being online. Marti did 69 sessions 14 Q&As for 14 weeks.

Marti was so fantastic coming on in his own time to perform for fans and speak to fans. During in Martis lockdown sessions Marti appeared on This Morning by Video Link from his home,on April 23rd 2020, and he performed Love Is All Around. Then on April 26th 2020, Marti appeared again on Video link with STV Children’s Appeal. Marti also helped the Bankie Girls on April 21st and they reached their target, Marti also helped Oliver meet his target in the fundraising for a trip to New York in 2021. Marti also helped tortured tigers in June 2020.

Marti has been incredible, with his lockdown sessions and Q&As, and listening to his lovely stories. The first three Q&As were held on a Wednesday, then finally moving the Q&As to Friday. On the Q&As night, Marti also appeared twice during the day with a lockdown session, and once at night with a late lockdown sessions which was Wicked Game back in May 2020.

At least 3 of the tracks, I requested was finally performed as part of the lockdown sessions.

Marti had also mentioned he will be back to say hello, maybe even a lockdown session or Q&A. But Marti also mentioned he needs to get back to his day job, so I’m continue writing his musical, and when its safe enough to get back out there for a big Marti Party. So there will be loads to look forward too in 2021.

Once again I would like to thank Marti, for putting a smile on my face through the struggle of lockdown.

Now we are moving towards to normality, there was time Marti had to put an end to his lockdown sessions everyday, Sunday July 26th 2020, Marti had been on coming social media for 100 days minus the day Marti missed on June 2nd 2020, for Black Lives a Matter, plus Marti had also alerted fans of Fake Scam Accounts on Social Media on June 16th 2020, after requested on June 12th 2020, that Marti needs to announce this as soon as possible due to vulnerable fans falling for it.

Until see Marti online again!

Martis Facebook facebook.com/OfficialMartiPellow
Martis Twitter twitter.com/martiofficial
Martis Instagram instagram.com/martipellowofficial

Adios for now!

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx