Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Big Surprise Marti

Hey Good Afternoon Marti

After fully researching, I heard over 50’s may have to shield, like the vulnerable ppl. We are both in that age bracket with me 53 and u 55. We have to stay in much as we can to avoid a second wave, I am shocked as ever. The corona needs to do one, we are coming so close to normality, and hope it’s not just speculations, of the press.

I don’t think I will be able to deal with another national lockdown Marti. I have not heard this on the news, only found it on research only. Things change all the time. As long as masks are being worn, and try limit being out so much.

I will post the information here, along with this post.

Millions of over 50s 'could be told to stay home' to prevent second national lockdown.

The government is said to be considering giving everyone aged between 50 and 70 a personal risk rating - one of a string of options as the PM faces a coronavirus 'second wave'. A Tory minister today insisted the idea was not being 'actively considered'

Millions of people over 50 could be told to stay at home to prevent another full nationwide lockdown, it is claimed.

Ministers anxious about a coronavirus second wave are reportedly considering giving people aged between 50 and 70 a personalised risk rating advising them whether to shield.

It would mean that people could be be forced to shield because of their age in coming months - and vulnerable people identified in March would once again be made to isolate themselves.

It is being weighed up as one of a string of alternatives to reimposing full nationwide lockdown restrictions, as happened in March, it is claimed.

Tory minister Robert Jenrick today insisted the idea was not being "actively considered" and said it was "speculation". No10 sources also called the reports "speculative".

But Mr Jenrick also refused to rule it out in future, saying: "You would expect the government to be considering all of the range of options that might be available to us."

Yesterday restrictions which told 2.2million vulnerable people to remain at home - 'shield' -during the spring peak of Covid-19 were lifted in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Wales will follow later in August.

People who were shielding can now no longer receive government-paid food parcels or Statutory Sick Pay.

The end of shielding went ahead in spite of Boris Johnson putting the brakes on further easing of lockdown rules, as new data suggests the number of new Covid-19 cases in England is rising again.

Previous shielding guidance was not based on people's age. The 2.2million people were instead picked based on their medical condition.

However, according to the Sunday Times and the Sunday Telegraph, an option has been raised to focus more on age in future.

Under the proposals, a greater number of people would be asked to shield, based on their age or particular risk factors that have been identified since March, the Sunday Telegraph says.

It could even see those aged between 50 and 70 given "personalised risk ratings", said the Sunday Times - a move that would add to the 2.2 million who were deemed most vulnerable and previously told to remain at home.

The Sunday Times reported the Conservative Party leader held a "war game" session with Chancellor Rishi Sunak on Wednesday to run through possible options for averting another nationwide lockdown that could stall any potential economic recovery.

Tory minister Robert Jenrick appeared to play down the possibility of age-related restrictions, but did not rule them out completely.

He told Times Radio today: “This is just speculation. You would expect the government to be considering all of the range of options that might be available to us.

“That’s not something that’s being actively considered.

"We have a shielding programme, we’ve provided very clear guidance to those people who we’ve identified as being extremely clinically vulnerable and we’ve supported them and we'll continue to support them, for example with the delivery of medicines if they require it.

Find out how many cases of coronavirus there have been where you live in the widget above - and get an even more detailed breakdown when you click through to our sister site InYourArea..

"And if necessary in localised areas, for example in Leicester, we've extended the period in which we're asking people to shield which meet those characteristics."

People in Luton and Blackburn with Darwen have been told shielding should continue to August 17.

In Leicester shielding also continues until at least August 17 and could run in some parts of the city beyond that.

Likewise shielding remains in place until August 16 in Wales.

But people in Greater Manchester and parts of Lancashire and West Yorkshire have been told shielding is over - despite new restrictions there banning two households from meeting indoors.

Bowling alleys were set to reopen this weekend, but on Friday Boris Johnson deferred this, saying it was not safe to reopen further businesses.

I thought, I share this with u Marti and many other visitors to this site.

I have written every single word Marti, to give the heads up on this. Plus u were getting excited Marti that the we were getting close to normality, we are I guess, but just need to keep the numbers down, and stay safe.

It was also recommended that over 50’s to have the flu jab this autumn, this was confirmed last week. I posted to my Twitter last week under @Mantego23.

But I say go by the news, rather than the press. I rather go by the news than rather the press too. So let’s hope it’s just certain areas and does not effect us. Luton is very close to Milton Keynes, and a lot ppl come to Milton Keynes to shop because of the massive shopping centre we have with top named shops. Marti u also visited our shopping centre in 2009 during the Witches Of Eastwick, and u told me u like it, and u brought Eileen on the last day of Milton Keynes.

Northampton was also effected with cases rising, we are also very close to Northampton too, although we are one of the lowest in the country with infections and deaths. We still need to stay alert.

Stay Safe, and everyone else also. I hope this news I picked up on, as not alarmed u all.

Have a lovely Sunday!

Me in the thinking picture below, about thinking of possible further shielding, let’s hope not eh.

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx