Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Please Read A Great Concern

Good Evening Everyone

Coronavirus BOMBSHELL: National lockdown could be re-imposed next month..... PPL are crowding pubs bars across the country as temperatures soar. Please please can I personally urge u all, to take the coronavirus very seriously, it still out there lingering about. It’s damaging ppls businesses and lively hoods.

Our local Night Club went into administration on Friday. Some of u clowns are really not taking it seriously.

Such as Zoo’s wildlife parks theme parks are only bookings are to be made, once a maximum is reached no more allowed. Cadie managed to go to Cotswold wildlife zoo in Oxford, and it got booked for a few hours, with social distancing rules in place.

A SECOND national COVID-19 lockdown may have to be imposed next month according to an incendiary warning from Sir David King, who formerly served as the Government's chief scientific adviser.

Please listen it’s ruining millions across the country, their lively hoods travel plans.

I fully understand the temperatures are soaring, but it has to be done sensible way.This country needs to get back normality, and only the public can make that happen.

I do the research everyday without fail, from the data that is provided. and post to my Twitter account @Mantego23. Although there had been a few hipcups with the figures over the past 6 weeks, as the data as been extremely slow, a lot of the cases were reported to the data base have been late.

Sir David warned another UK wide shutdown could be needed in September unless the Government sorts out its ‘Test and Trace’ policy this month. He said the reopening of schools is likely to boost the R rate, the number of people each COVID-19 patient infects, by 0.5.

This would put the rate above one meaning the disease would start spreading exponentially again.

Sir David was the Government’s chief scientific advisor between 2000 and 2007.

Currently he heads the Independent Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies which shadows the Government’s team of scientific advisors.

“Reopening schools should be a priority, but we believe we are nowhere near the point where it can be done safely.

“We need a proper test and trace system by September.

“Otherwise I’m sure school opening will put us right back.

“We will see the Government backing lockdowns and, yes, I do think this could happen nationally.”

The kids return to school September 7th, me and my family hope for a safe return, as the kids stopped going to school since March 9th before national lockdown went into place on March 23rd, as we didn’t feel it was safe for the kids to attend school, as COVID-19 was spreading fast back in March. So we took the law into our own hands and made that decision. Also in March we postponed our Australian trip until 2021.

Boris Johnson is insisting the reopening of schools must go ahead next month as planned.

Writing in the Mail on Sunday he described this as a “moral duty” and his “national priority”.

However Dr Mary Bousted, who heads the teachers National Education Union, has said schools should refuse to reopen unless they are confident it is safe.

Sir David was sharply critical of the Government for contracting out the UK’s ‘Test and trace’ system and said it should be brought under local council control.

Tracing here is one phone call and you are asked to isolate.

“There is no follow-up as to whether people do.

“The Government made a disastrous mistake giving contact tracing to a firm with no healthcare expertise.

“When you hit 3,000 new cases a day, it’s an enormous number for any national body to deal with.

But break it down into local regions and the numbers become manageable.”

Sir David also argued people living in multi-generational households who are asked to self-isolate should be put up in hotels by the Government.

In total Britain has recorded 311,461 coronavirus cases and 46,566 deaths, more than any other European country.

This is why ppl need to start listening, and getting the cases down.

Lockdown measures have been re-imposed for several countries, including the United States and the Phillipines, as the number of COVID-19 cases increases.

Recently Belgium was added to the UK’s quarantine list meaning those returning from the country must isolate for 14 days.

Some families have been cancelling planned holidays to France amidst speculation it could be next.

So please take COVID-19 seriously for all our sakes, and loved ones around u. It’s vital that u understand the seriousness of this pandemic.

I know most ppl have been so eager to go abroad in 2020, so we were too, but we put all our holiday plans back to 2021. This is also including British holiday plans too.

Sorry if I am going on, but to save the spread of the virus in our country, we all have to pull together. The economy as been badly effected by the pandemic, and it’s going to take 4 years to recover.

Thanks for reading! This is just a pre warning on news I picked up on.

The photos below were taken today .......

Well all take care stay safe and well, have a lovely Sunday evening, and a good week.

My apologies having to put the word out for a possible national lockdown, in which we are all trying to prevent happening, I watch Sky News Channel 5 and 4 news plus ITV and BBC news. I don’t watch all of them in one day, I intend to watch Sky News, ITV, BBC news more for daily updates.

And if we want to see our favourite band or artist, we have to make this work for the music industry as well.

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx