Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: You and Your Rights Policy Please Read Very important Information update 28/08/20

Hey

Even more positive the hotel confirmed our reservation in Australia today. The flights been confirmed 3 times this week. But have been advised to call for an update to make sure no changes.

I spoken to our airlines 3 times this week. We’ve got seats reserved and was told all looking good.

But I was advised yesterday that they need to double check the paperwork, but our confirmation booking is with the airline.

They said to call next week, but I said once kids are back in school I will call on September 10th the original date given to call back for an update. But things are looking positive.

It’s Atol protected but having difficulties finding the certificate in the email. As there has been several emails back and forth.

But it’s paid full, because we’ve got electronic air tickets, so was told it’s looking good.

The ones that are effected are those only paid a deposit or have not completed payments towards their trips. As you’ve got finish paying 10 weeks before departure. We paid in full in October 2019, and was suppose to fly with Thai Airways. Because of the virus we had to reschedule, and moved our trip to January 2021, with changing airline and upgrading to a 4 star Hotel, from a self contained apartment as that was not available at time of us going. We paid the difference for the accommodation and flights in full. I was told can pay 10 weeks before departure I said no I am in full. I got receipt from October and April and bank statements.

A lot of people took credit notes, which was a big mistake as no refunds offered. We were a lot smarter and said we will reschedule instead and was told in late March after the Australian borders were closed off, but part of our journey was still running to Bangkok, but got Thai Airways to release the funds back to Start The Adventure, so reschedule could get done for 2021, and was told funds can be held for 12 months only. So April 24th a week before our original departure on April 30th, we rescheduled and paid the difference in full with the rest of the funds they well held in ought to reschedule.

The lady I have been chatting to all week, who is doing a trip to Bali and Thailand for one month, as they only paid for one part of the trip, they were only was able to confirm the Bali trip but nothing for their Thailand trip as yet. I hope this lady gets it sorted direct with the airline.

So things are looking positive for us. We’ve got seats on the plane.

I would say never accept a credit note, as a lot are refusing refunds unless only deposits were put down or still paying for the trip only a few are getting refunds. The best way is to reschedule with Atol protection.

In 2018 we booked our flights and accommodation for Egypt for 2019 through Thomas Cook and we paid in full for the trip that cost thousands same with West Africa, Cuba, Feurventura New York the USA Spain Greece Canada all paid in full.

We were one of the lucky ones as Thomas Cook went out of business exactly after a month of returning from Egypt.

We are planning on returning to Egypt soon. We’ve also been speaking about Fiji Hawaii and Jamaica that’s been on the cards since 2016. So many countries we want to visit, Mauritius as been on the cards since 2018.

Stay safe!

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx