Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Another New Update

Good Afternoon

Secondary school pupils in Milton Keynes will NOT have to wear face coverings in school, despite today's government U-turn.

Changes in the government's 'no mask necessary' policy for children over 12 will not affect secondary school students in MK.

The policy has been changed following advice from the World Health Organisation.

Nationally it is up to schools to decide whether or not to force students and staff wear face coverings 'if they believe that is right in their particular circumstances', according to the education secretary.

But in areas where the transmission of the virus is high, such as neighbouring area Northampton, masks are mandatory when moving around schools and in communal spaces where social distancing is difficult to maintain.

However it will not be necessary to wear face coverings in the classroom, where protective measures already mean the risks are lower, and where they can inhibit learning, a government spokesperson said.

The infection rate in MK has been rising throughout this month but it is still lower than the rest of England. This excludes city pupils from having to wear masks when they go back to school next week and the week after September 7th.

One MK primary school, however, has imposed its own measures and insisted all children from Year One upwards wear surgical masks or full face shields during lessons and when moving about the building.

Education Secretary Gavin Williamson warned on Wednesday that if the rate of transmission increases across the whole country, it may be necessary to apply stricter guidance on face coverings in schools nationally. That’s my opinion we’ve got to protect the kids as they have to come to their loved ones, especially if someone in the house hold has underlined health.

"The priority is to get children back to school safely. At each stage we have listened to the latest medical and scientific advice,"

"We have therefore decided to follow the World Health Organisation’s new advice. In local lockdown areas children in year 7 and above should wear face coverings in communal spaces.

"Outside of local lockdown areas face coverings won’t be required in schools, though schools will have the flexibility to introduce measures if they believe it is right in their specific circumstances.

"I hope these steps will provide parents, pupils and teachers with further reassurance."

Northampton has been labelled as an 'area of enhanced intervention' by Public Health England because of its rate of infection, mostly due to the outbreak at the Greencore food factory two weeks ago.

The infections are high in Northampton Milton Keynes neighbouring county not far from Milton Keynes.

We live on the Northamptonshire borders, but Milton Keynes is the lowest, across the UK.

I post updates out of the figures, and death toll on my Twitter page @Mantego23. The information I get is on research and the Covid-19 and it’s all accurate. Although figures for death were cut by 5,377 a few weeks ago, as data had been delayed being passed on same with the to date figure that was brought to light in early July and that was amended also. So I hope it didn’t confuse anyone, as this updated by the data then the proper to date figures were amended accordingly - the current to date figure is 333,806 up to yesterday.

All stay safe, keep washing your hands regularly, wear a mask where it’s most needed, keep up the social distancing. If u have a hidden illness like COPD severe likes of stage 3 or 4 or severe asthmatic u will need an expectation card with a yarn. I do find it hard to breath with mask on as I have COPD stage 1, but I got a filter mask plus I received one from the NHS, plus I got 3 black washable masks plus a few white disposable ones plus got some surgical masks coming a box of 50, plus PPE gloves box of 100 from Sussex PPE, in which I still have to chase up, as I spent almost £40, and on 2 different cards one on the credit card and one on the Visa Debit current account. I ordered those on August 4th nothing has arrived yet.

Remember the symptoms u get too with this virus.

Dry or tickly cough
No taste
No smell
Runny nose
Headaches
Shivers
High Temperature
Upset Stomach
Aches and pains
Breathing problems

U may also not get symptoms!

Anyway all stay well!