Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The One To Read Update Wake Up Call

Good Evening All

As u all know there was a conference at 11am today. I watched before heading to the hospital today for an appointment.

I have taken everything in and logged what has been said during the conference, and I will write this to the best of my knowledge.

Chief Medical Officer Prof Chris Whitty has told the UK that we have turned a corner, in a bad way in a major briefing this morning.

The scientists also said that there will be a very challenging winter period, awaits Brits unless something is done to control virus levels.

Sir Patrick Vallance warned that if infections could reach almost 50,000 a day, if the numbers appear to double every week.

There have been reports over the weekend that Number 10 is planning temporary national lockdown measures, to break off the chain off infection.

A total of 3,899 lab-confirmed cases of the infections have been diagnosed in the UK in the last day. A further 18 people have also died within 28 days of testing positive for Covid-19 in the last 24-hour period. This figure is yesterdays figures

We all know this will be concerning news, so do not be alarmed.

The chief medical officers of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland said in a joint statement that all four nations of the UK should move to Level 4.

They said: The Joint Biosecurity Centre has recommended that the Covid-19 alert level should move from Level 3 (a Covid-19 epidemic is in general circulation) to Level 4 (a Covid-19 epidemic is in general circulation; transmission is high or rising exponentially).

The CMOs for England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have reviewed the evidence and recommend all four nations of the UK should move to Level 4.

After a period of lower Covid cases and deaths, the number of cases are now rising rapidly and probably exponentially in significant parts of all four nations.

If they to avoid significant excess deaths and exceptional pressure in the NHS, and other health services over the autumn and winter everyone has to follow the social distancing guidance, wear face coverings correctly and wash their hands regularly.

We know this will be concerning news for many ppl; please follow the rules, look after each other and together we will all get through this.

The Government said that as of 9am on Monday, there had been a further increase lab-confirmed cases of covid in the UK, have been confirmed.

It also said a further ppl had died within 28 days of testing positive for Covid-19 as of Monday today September 21st. in the UK, I will post new figures tomorrow on my Twitter page @Mantego23

Separate figures published by the UKs statistics agencies show there have now been 57,500 deaths registered in the UK where Covid-19 was mentioned on the death certificate.

Please follow government guidelines, it is really important. Sorry if I keep rambling on, but I am really hot on this plus I know ppl who work within the medical sector, thats why I know my stuff.

The it is stomach churning feeling, as the figures have risen again. We are all trying to avoid a short term lockdown.

All stay safe! Also have a good evening!

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx