Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Please Read

Good Morning All

I am writing this to best of my knowledge.

As u all know restrictions are different in England, and we can mix with other households in group of 6 ppl. Obviously some parts of England up north there are local lockdown and no mixing with Other house holds.

Scotland as definitely tightened mixing with other house holds. Northern Ireland came into force last nite and as for Wales restrictions as follows Keep Wales safe:

Always observe social distancing
wash your hands regularly
if you meet another household, outside your extended household, stay outdoors
work from home if you can
Stay at home if you or anyone in your extended household has symptoms.

If you have symptoms get a test.

The latest breaking covid news and updates including deaths in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, plus UK lockdown changes, shielding guidance and daily deaths confirmation.

The Government has warned that Britain could face much tougher measures, if new rules to curb covid fail to get the infection rate under control.

Last nite September 22nd at 20:00 hrs ,The Prime Minister addressed the nation facing an unquestionably difficult winter and warned the latest restrictions could last the next 6 months.

These restrictions needs be abided, and rules followed at all times.

In a televised address the Prime Minister said that we must reserve the right to go further if the pace of transmission continues to rise.

I can confirm that it has risen since May, I have posted the figures on my Twitter page @Mantego23 this morning. This all accurate from the ONS data 4,926 new cases confirmed yesterday up by 558 which brings total too 403,318 so super that passes 400,000 - Death toll is on an up with 37 which brings total too 41,825. Ppl have to be very vigilant in what they do on everyday of daily life.

Sports cannot return to crowds from next week, due to restrictions its has been paused.

We hope for a vaccine soon, and the government hoping for by December, there are still clinical trials going on, Andrew Lloyd Webber also done they clinical trial recently in Oxford.

Upper Crust Owner SSP reveals £1.3b Covid-19 sales hit

Upper Crust and Caffe Ritazza owner SSP has said nearly two-thirds of its sites still remain closed as it revealed a sales hit of around £1.3 billion due to the pandemic.

The group said it has reopened around 1,100 outlets since lockdown, which decimated trading at its food and drinks sites in airports and railway stations as passengers numbers plunged.

SSP said sales are set to plummet by around 86% in its second half to September 30, with revenues down about £1.3 billion, while operating losses will be in the middle of its predicted £180 million to £250 million range.

The group recently warned that up to around 5,000 jobs are under threat - more than half of its 9,000-strong peak season workforce - as it looks to slash costs in response to the pandemic.

And it is really important to make the point that under no circumstances would that be military personnel in frontline, public-facing roles instead of policing. That is not what they would do. It is not any part of the planning.

But there may be a point where using military personnel to backfill roles to release police officers might be necessary, but it is not necessary at the moment and do not anticipate that situation. But the prime minister mentioned military getting involved. I have friends in the police force who work hard and as CID. In my opinion the police will obviously make sure rules are followed. Military should only step in if rules are broken.

Well have fantastic day stay safe all, follow the guidelines. It is the UK last chance to follow the rules to avoid a 2nd lockdown. Weddings is down to 15 only, funerals remains at 30, indoor sports banned, curfew for pubs restaurants and bars to start closing at 22:00 hrs as from Thursday September 24th. There is already 21 ppl on ventilators, so please listen and abide the rules.

No panic buying either it is ridiculous.

The USA has passed 200,000 death more than anywhere in the well, no social distancing in the USA.

Thank u for reading most appreciated, we are in this all together.

Take care all and no selfishness either. If we all want to get back to normality.

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx