Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Update Please Read

Hey

I am writing this to the best of my knowledge. I still cannot believe that figures for cases today are steep, But has I said earlier measures are coming into place that need to be abided and not break the rules.

Last nite The Prime Minister announced that hospitality venues including pubs would be ordered to close at 22:00 hrs , and to offer table service only, while office workers were being asked to work from home where possible.

Tough £10,000 fines are being introduced for businesses that fail to follow rules, designed to slow the spread of the Covid-19, and the initial fine for failing to wear a face covering when required has doubled to £200.

Sorry if I am repeating my self, we all have to get right, and look after each other. I intend to take all information plus I am logging the important bits, in case some ppl are not keeping up with the news each day. I do not like hearing news like this, when it is something as important as this, then it is vital to get the updates.

We all have to be vigilant at all times, abs take it seriously.

The Prime Minister issued a blunt warning that tougher measures were still possible, saying the Government would impose more lockdown restrictions if ppl fail to follow the rules.

But in Gateshead the public health has warned that the borough is still hugely struggling with covid testing, and until that improves they cannot see how cases will drop.

In Gateshead a lot of ppl cannot access testing, and when they do they are waiting days for their results to come through. I have friends up in the north, and this how I know.

If they do get a test, and do not get results for days are they still isolating or do they give up and think I am feeling a bit better now when they are still infected? I am sorry thats my opinion, if u want infections to drop the government needs to work harder, it is the government propagative, if they get this wrong and infections grow greater, it is the public who do not know which way turn.

We need the community with us all over the UK,we need the testing to be right, we are losing the will of the ppl because of confusing messages and lack of testing that is my view.

There is not one silver bullet it is like a jigsaw puzzle, at the moment the missing corners are testing and a clear message.

I think testing is critical in terms of lowering the spread, without it cannot do the preventative work and need to do, and I cannot see how that [the number of cases] is going to go down. Unless the government gets their act together.

if one person is positive and we do not know then, we cannot contact their traces. If we cannot do that they do not know if they need to isolate. In my opinion get the track and trace working as soon as possible, been talking about for months about.

Financial packages needed for sports clubs...
The Government must introduce a financial package to help sports clubs facing financial difficulty.

The announcement yesterday hit sport very hard at all sorts of levels, not just those levels that are seen on television, but community sport in whatever form it may happen to be. Such sad times for the sport industry as we all thought we were getting close to normality as the football stadiums we going to start to getting crowds slowly back as from early October that is on pause.

As I say again stay safe!

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx