Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Must Read

Good Evening All

I am writing this, to best of my knowledge to what I know. It were one stressful weekend after a computer glitch that missed 15,841 COVID positive tests from September 25th until October 2nd. This is why the numbers have surged to a high volume of positive confirmed covid cases....

I will post todays figures on my Twitter page tomorrow on @Mantego23, we hope the figures will resume to the normal figures, and will not see future errors...

Manchester infection rate surges, as only half of Britons with missing positive Covid tests reached for contacts..... An apology was sent out today.....

A three-tier lockdown could see tougher restrictions imposed in England if lower level measures fail to bring covid cases under control, according to reports.

A leaked document - revealed the most severe measures under the traffic light-style scheme would involve the closure of all hospitality businesses, including bars, and the banning of all social contact between households.

Covid-19 should be trigger to invest in green energy

The covid crisis should be used as a catalyst to invest in green energy and wind power, The prime minister will say in a keynote address to the virtual Tory conference on Tuesday.

The prime minister will say the Covid outbreak, should drive a bid to make the UK a world leader in clean power generation.

Mr Johnson will insist the green economy is a major area for economic growth with the potential to create millions of jobs.

The Prime Minister will say, the covid crisis can be a trigger for a Britain to build back greener.

The plan would see £160m made available to upgrade ports and infrastructure across areas like Teesside and Humber in northern England, Scotland and Wales as the next generation of turbines are built.

The missing almost 16,000 tests are, the health secretary assured us, just a a small number of cogs that we have in the wheel.

Vaccine deployment will be based on expert clinical advice, says Hancock

The work of deploying a covid vaccine will be for the Department of Health, and be based on clinical advice from experts.

The Health Secretarys comments came after, the head of the countrys vaccine taskforce said less than half of the UK population, could be given a jab to protect against the virus.

Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).

Last month the JCVI said care home residents were among those who should be given the jab first, with healthy members of the public later vaccinated according to their age.

BFI deeply concerned, for cinema industry amid mass closures

The British Film Institute has said it is deeply concerned about the challenges facing the cinema industry, after shifting movie releases led to the temporary closure of theatres across the UK.

Cineworld announced it will close 127 Cineworld and Picturehouse sites as of Thursday this week, while the picture is similarly bleak in the US. This will effect our Megan and Jacob who work for Cineworld. James Bond been put back for a 2nd time, less ppl are going due to social distancing.

BFI chief executive, warned the impact of the release date delays for major films, such as the new James Bond movie, and closures would be felt across the whole sector.

The BFI will continue to work with, the distribution and exhibition sector over this difficult time.

However, many cinemas across the UK are still open and welcoming audiences. The Government-backed Culture Recovery Fund is giving vital support to struggling independent cinemas in England.

Military role in Covid crisis, is not to put soldiers on streets.

Use of military personnel during the covid outbreak is not about putting soldiers on streets, but backing the police.

Speaking at a fringe event at the virtual Tory party conference, defence experts were well placed to help deal with the situation.

An event organised by the website Conservative Home: They had at one stage 20,000 ppl on the Covid contingency force.

And on any one day about 4,000 of those ppl were deployed.

Asked about dealing with the situation regarding the current phase of the pandemic. The point is they can-do, they can do lots of things.

The government were worried about enforcement, and the lack of ppl in some parts of the country, taking the threat seriously, and realisin, enforcement has got to be stepped-up.

Covid has to be taken very seriously!

Now, their role in that was not to deploy soldiers on streets.

Thats not their job!

Their job is to allow the police, to go to their front line if they are doing back office jobs.

Scrap test and trace, and make it more localised, academic recommends..

Scrapping the current track and trace system, and making it more trusted and localised is the only way to go, an academic has claimed. I have the test and trace app, it scanning and states medium risk in my area. But I have to see if it does work. As from this Saturday, we will use the test and trace system after entering the community centre for our session. By scanning at the door entrance at the moment only 6ppl allowed at the community centre including us.... It is very difficult but what can we do. Normally we have up to 32 ppl at the session. But at the moment its all different only been back to doing the session just over 3 weeks ago.

All stay safe!

img src="https://myimages.bravenet.com/142/682/696/8/VNK_1601937732.jpeg">

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx

Re: A Must Read