Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
This Is Very Must Read

Good Evening All

I will write this, to the best of my knowledge to what I know.

First of all, the figures have leaped doubled since last week. This is because of the computer error at the weekend.

I will add the figures onto my Twitter page @Mantego23 in the morning.

More than 17,000 covid positive tests missed, this has been confirmed.

A Second National Lockdown Seems Inevitable. Heres What Stands In The Way, The Prime Minister is walking a fine line to keep MPs happy – but there are hints that a two-week circuit breaker around half-term could be on the cards.

A creeping feeling of déjà vu has been haunting Westminster with the arrival of autumn, as bulletin after bulletin carries more bad news about the dreaded resurgence of Covid-19.

Case numbers, hospitalisations and, of course, deaths are rising and the R value has stayed stubbornly above 1.0, meaning that the pandemic continues to grow across the country. Most cases are seen in the North Manchester and Liverpool Areas.

The UK map is a patchwork quilt of varying social distancing restrictions, reflecting how it wants to stick to the whack-a-mole strategy of stamping out outbreaks and avoiding blanket bans.

But with around a third of the entire UK population now living under some form of local lockdown, the question many are asking is: why does the prime minister go the whole hog”and back a full second national lockdown?

Chief medical officer Chris Whitty, who with the PM and chief scientific officer Patrick Vallance, led a Downing Street press conference on Wednesday, has warned the country faces a 6-month problem.

There are significant rates of transmission in great majority of areas where the virus is spiking.

Pointing to alarming graphs showing that hospital admissions were rising sharply among the over-65s, Vallance warned it would be wrong to think that the problem was only in areas under local lockdowns.

It is worst in certain areas but there is evidence of spread everywhere.

So what is stopping the PM from a full lockdown – and could a two-week circuit-breaker compromise be on the cards?

Is Test and Trace working? Because the delays of figures been recorded never reached the system. Now we are seeing high figures. I cannot believe the figures were missed off the data. This Test and Trace needs to be tracked and get through the back log.

The devastating impact on the economy.

Covid-19 has already ravaged the UK economy and the Bank of England warned last month that the resurgence of the virus will hit the country hard.

Chancellor Rishi Sunak is thought to oppose a second lockdown for any long period of time amid fears job losses could soar and unemployment in 2021 could spiral out of control. So a second lockdown will not happen, but they will look at other measures.

Its a constant balancing act, trying to keep the country moving forward without the hospitals filling up with critically ill patients with Covid so that other services can continue to run, but achieving that is the key point.

And if that is not happening [to the NHS], then keeping ppl running their businesses and employing ppl is equally important.

Data released by the Office for National Statistics revealed that the number of redundancies in the UK has risen at its fastest pace since the financial crisis.

Many economists think Sunaks new wage subsidy scheme is unlikely to stem further job losses this winter.

The economic challenges are huge, If the economy slows down too much – well, we use it to pay all of our public sector, it’s not for the fun of it. It pays for the wages for all of the services we want for our constituents.

The news flatly contradicts suggestions that the second wave may have been levelling off, as it is now known the country reached 10,000 new daily cases on September 30th.

Ministers are being shown more drastic figures by chief medical officer Chris Whitty and chief scientific office Patrick Vallance.

The numbers that [the cabinet] are seeing are very, very bad and the thing that is always repeated to them by Whitty and Vallance in the meetings they have, is this [data] is two weeks old, so what is happening now is worse than what I am telling u all.

Arguably the most interesting figures on the daily UK covid dashboard are the hospital ones. The case numbers are determined partly by how much testing is taking place. Deaths are ultimately the most important measure, but they are a lagging indicator, and by the time they start going up very sharply, it is getting late to respond. Hospital figures give an earlier indication as to how much illness the virus is causing.

So they show ministers a lot of numbers that are bad but say that before I do, know this, it is worse. Please follow government guidelines wash ur hands regularly, wear a mask, social distancing at all times, keep in your own bubble stick to 6 ppl rule inside or out side. But some families do have more than 6 ppl in the house. I cannot help anyone on that as it is a rule of 6ppl just follow government guidelines.

Stay safe and be very cautious too.

Look for any updates I put out on this forum, and my Twitter page @Mantego23 , I just wish covid will do one, I think we all want covid gone, 2020 has been a very strange year for us all.

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx