Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Update Please Read

Good Evening All

The figures are in it has gone up but not as high as Thursday or Saturday......I will post the figures tomorrow on my Twitter page @Mantego23 so look out for that......

Death toll down slightly......

I will write this to best of my knowledge, and try my best to write word for word....

At 19;00 hrs this evening, the government will be addressing the nation once again........

Not to act would be unforgivable, the government suggests more areas should go into strictest tier 3......

Some of the wording is not at all clear. Here is the more detailed text, explanation that makes a bit more sense.........

Rules for places at medium alert level (tier 1).....

This is for areas where national restrictions continue to be in place. This means:
All businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a Covid-secure manner, other than those that remain closed in law, such as nightclubs......

Certain businesses selling food or drink on their premises are required to close between 22:00 hrs and 5am. Businesses and venues selling food for consumption off the premises, can still continue to do so after 22;00 hrs as long as this is through delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-through.......

Schools, universities and places of worship remain open.....

Weddings and funerals can go ahead with restrictions on the number of attendees...

Organised indoor sport and exercise classes can continue to take place, provided the rule of 6 is followed....

Ppl must not meet in groups larger than 6, indoors or outdoors.......

Rules for places at high alert level (tier 2).....

This is for areas with a higher level of infections.....

This means the following additional measures are in place......

Ppl must not meet with anyone outside their household or support bubble in any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public place.......

Ppl must not meet in a group of more than 6 outside, including in a garden or other space.
Ppl should aim to reduce the number of journeys they make where possible. If they need to travel, they should walk or cycle where possible, or plan ahead and avoid busy times and routes on public transportation.........

Rules for places at very high alert level (tier 3)....

This is for areas,with a very high level of infections. This will be set a baseline of measures for any area in this local alert level. Consultation with local authorities will determine additional measures. The baseline means the below additional measures are in place.....

Pubs and bars must close, and can only remain open where they operate as if they were a restaurant — which means serving substantial meals, like a main lunchtime or evening meal. They may only serve alcohol as part of such a meal......

Wedding receptions are not allowed.....

Ppl must not meet with anyone outside their household or support bubble in any indoor or outdoor setting, whether at home or in a public space. The rule of 6 applies in open public spaces like parks and beaches.......

Ppl should try to avoid travelling outside the very high risk area they are in, or entering a very high risk area, other than for things like work, education, accessing youth services, to meet caring responsibilities or if they are in transit......

Ppl should avoid staying overnight in another part of the UK if they are resident in a very high risk area, or avoid staying overnight in a very high risk area if they are resident elsewhere........

Some of this wording is not particularly clear either. For example, the rule of 6 already applies to meetings in gardens and parks. But journalists have received a less garbled briefing.......

In tier 1, the rule of six continues to apply.....

In tier 2, mixing with another household indoors is banned, but mixing with them outside is banned (subject to the rule of 6)......

In tier 3, mixing with another household is banned in private gardens too (even if there are not more than 6 of you).......

A week of speculation and rumour has badly damaged confidence. Businesses need to understand the clear evidence for the restrictions that are now being imposed - as many have worked so hard to become Covid safety .......

Whilst our visitor economy will bear the brunt of these new restrictions, the percolating effect on supply chains is hugely concerning, in addition to the psychological impact upon citizens, business owners and investors.......

I have written to what I know.....And close as possible for word to word......

I really feel for 2 of my mates, who have ended up in Tier 3...... That starts on Wednesday.......

All stay safe !

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx