Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Update The One To Read

Good Evening

I will write this to the best of my knowledge....

The cases are in, its up by 14 percent a bit of a jump , yesterday figures are 17,234, deaths were 143, but deaths are slightly down...... I will post the today figures tomorrow on my Twitter page @Mantego23.......

Northern Ireland as imposed 4 week circuit breaker as of Friday ... Schools will close for 2 weeks starting Monday no alcohol will be sold beyond 20:00hrs in all supermarkets and off licenses, to curb the increase of the virus..... Others within politician think we should have a 3 week mini national lockdown to curb the rise of the virus.....But government think it will be damaging to the economy.., I personally think just do the circuit breaker in very risk areas and high risk areas only......We are medium risk on Tier 1 of the restrictions.......

England, Wales and Scotland among worst countries for excess deaths during pandemic.....

An international study led by academics from Imperial College London has concluded that, out of 21 industrialised countries, England, Wales and Scotland had among the highest rates of excess deaths between February and May, during the first wave of the pandemic........

The study looked at excess deaths from all causes, not just deaths attributed to coronavirus. This measure is seen by experts as the best way of assessing the overall impact of a pandemic because it includes caused by the virus, but not attributed to it, and deaths caused by it indirectly.......

Ppl from high-Covid areas of England to be banned from going to Wales.......

Ppl who live in Covid-19 hotspots in England are to be banned from travelling to Wales, this has been announced.......

Necessary work to take place to allow devolved powers, to be used to prevent ppl from travelling into Wales from high prevalence areas of the UK......I do not know if anyone is keeping up with all the updates of this pandemic....But I will do my best to write word for word if possible, to get the update out to everyone .......

A circuit breaker over the October half term is the only sufficient way to tackle the virus, given the transmission rate.......

A combination of measures in addition to 3-tier system.......

They are going to need to reduce the level of contact that ppl have with each other quite substantially in order to really make a profound impact on the levels of transmission that we’re seeing...... Does anyone agree with me, that is my moto and views personally....

But I think whatever measures come into, and put into place, we have got to consider how we mitigate the negative impact, particularly around the impact on ppls mental health and well being and financial support......That is a difficult part....With ppl living on their own salary cut by half or even loss their job..... One of the kids 2 friends loss their lives due to this national lockdown so it is really hard..........

I think infection rates have got to a level where the circuit breaker approach, which could potentially be a good move.......

The closure of pubs and bars – as is the base level of tier 3 – would not be enough to bring the virus under control and that universities should move teaching online as much as possible.....

I personally think we need a combination of measures, and I do think they need to be additional measures beyond what we have got in place at the moment,..... Anyone agrees.....It is basically common sense..........

The government was concentrating on other measures too....Such as a vaccine..........

They are leading efforts on development of a vaccine and also - to maximise the opportunities to detect, treat and protect ourselves against the virus - they are also supporting the development of safe and effective treatments and tests..... I guess we have to be patient......

They cannot obviously, pin our hopes on a vaccine but they are doing everything possible both to develop a vaccine but also to develop those other treatments which can help to reduce the symptoms of Covid-19 and to save lives........

On Saturday I am having my flu vaccination, one of my sisters had theirs last Thursday they felt a bit lousy for a couple of days my mum had hers today, my other sister also got a flu vaccination.... I qualify for it due COPD and because now due to Covid I am in that category - I am 53..... I got my first flu vaccination organized by my employer in 2017, in which they covered the cost ..... Then my COPD were discovered after I fell ill late November 2017 4 weeks prior to me having the flu in the October 2017 I were off work for weeks from November 2017 then finally returned to work in January 2018... All staff in the back offices across the UK within my company, had to have the flu vaccine. where I came entitled for a flu vaccination on the NHS since 2018........

Thanks for reading ...... Stay safe all ...

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz ( Administrator ) xx