Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Very Important Regarding The Vaccine Trial

Good Evening

News I need to let u all, I just been given this news by ppl I know within the medical sector....So I will write this to best of my knowledge.... I literally feel sick to my stomach hearing this.... Do not know the full details it is scary, whether their body rejected the trial quite frightening.... Please read on, very important information I am posting on my forum...

COVID-19 Horror of volunteer in Oxford Universitys Covid-19 trial dies.....

Brazil health authorities has confirmed a volunteer has died after participating in the clinical trial,of Covid vaccine developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University.....

Trials of a Covid-19 vaccine being developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford University will continue, following a review into the death of a volunteer in Brazil.....

Brazils health authority has given no details about the death, citing confidentiality protocols.

Oxford University said a careful assessment"had revealed no safety concerns......

My understanding that the volunteer did not receive the vaccine......

Only around half the volunteers in the trial are given the actual Oxford University Covid-19 vaccine. The second group are being given an existing licensed vaccine for meningitis........

Neither the participants nor their families know which vaccine they are being given.......

This enables the researchers to compare the results for the two groups in order to measure whether the vaccine is effective.........

Only around half the volunteers in the trial are given the actual Oxford University Covid-19 vaccine. The second group are being given an existing licensed vaccine for meningitis.....

Neither the participants nor their families know which vaccine they are being given.....

This enables the researchers to compare the results for the two groups in order to measure whether the vaccine is effective........

It could not comment on individual cases, but it can confirm that all required review processes have been followed.......

All significant medical events are carefully assessed by trial investigators, an independent safety monitoring committee and the regulatory authorities......These assessments have not led to any concerns, about continuation of the ongoing study.......

There are high hopes that the vaccine, could be one of the first to make it onto the market.......

It had successful phase 1 and 2 testing, while phase 3 testing is being carried out on participants in countries including the UK, Brazil and India.....

Trials of the Oxford vaccine were paused last month, after a reported side effect in a patient in the UK, but were resumed days later when it was deemed safe to continue........

Phase 3 trials in the US remain on hold while the regulator there conducts its own assessment.......

Trial should continue......

Brazils health authority Anvisa said it was informed of the Brazilian volunteer's death on 19 October.......

In a statement, Oxford University - All significant medical incidents, whether participants are in the control group or the Covid-19 vaccine group, are independently reviewed..........

Please read what I have written, this is all I know at this stage, that person who passed away did not get the vaccine that is all I can tell u.....

Stay safe ......

Love Hugs And Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator ) xx