Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Possibility

Hey Good Evening All

I will write this all to the best of my knowledge....

A bit late posting up but been busy with the kids after school.... But here is the update for u all.....

There possibility that lockdown could be eased after December 2nd, if R rate numbers fall......

Yesterday we saw a fall in cases yesterday.... It was a bit of a drop by 4,304 the confirmed cases yesterday were 18,960 deaths were 136 for yesterday.... Sundays figure were 23,254 up by 1,339 deaths were 162 down by 26.....

Realistic possibility lockdown could be eased after December 2nd, and R rates will fall below 1 – as it happened......

I will post todays figures on my Twitter Page @Mantego23 once I have them peeps.....

Realistic possibility that the lockdown for England can be eased after December 2nd. The restrictions would definitely be lifted by then, as planned by the government........

The decision as to whether to lift restrictions on December 2nd is rightly a decision for ministers and parliament.......

I think that the aim of this is to get the rates down far enough, that it is a realistic possibility to move into a different state of state of play at that point in time.......

I think that the prime minister would probably want us to look at whether there should be variations on exactly the same tiering system as at the moment, rather than just assuming we would just revert to an absolutely identical one.......what are ur thoughts.....

I think there is a lot to learn. And in fact, the next 2 or 3 weeks we will start to see the effects of the tiering in an even more granular way than we have got to date, and I think we should wait until we got that before we start to decide how best to use that in future....... it such a gamble with covid and to how contagious it can be..... Do u all remember the Chinese flu in 1988, the SARS between 2002 and 2003 Bird Flu in 2005 Embola in 2015 to 2016 in Africa Swine Flu between 2009 and 2010....But it did nor spread that fast.... It is shocking how it has effected the whole world......I believe the Hong Kong flu in 1976 my dad were ill for 6 weeks, my mum told me and my sisters about it, I vaguely remember it I were only 9 then, all as I remember my dad being sick.....

If there was no prospect of a vaccine, there might be some argument for this approach........ But the scientist is very confident the situation will improve next year.... It better be that is all I can say...... It is ruining everyone, the economy too and ppls lively hoods too, ppls plans also families split up also......

It is important to remember that in England there are many multi-generational households (implying u cannot shield the old from the young)..... That is my motto ......

The plan is flawed, and impractical and ethically a little difficult......

The plan implies herd immunity will apply.......But for most diseases herd immunity does not happen.......

And if it were to work, you would have to have up to 70 per cent of the population infected. I guess we are a long way from that....

The plan involves shielding the vulnerable.....But that is impractical......U could not do it year after year.....in my opinion it is totally ridiculous covid needs to do one....

This plan assumes that very many ppl would die.
Other than that, it no doubt has merits.......

To have this as an element of policy would be ethically really difficult......

If we go back to the tier system in December, will R go back above 1? That is the question! What do u all think a very tricky situation......

That will depend on what the situation is then, and what come next.......

The scientist assumes there will be modifcations to tiering........

In the next few weeks we should have better data about that, we will see ........Are u happy for Wales to lift its lockdown while England imposes its?

I am very strongly of the view that what happens in Wales is for Wales..... Thats what has been said...

It is important to respect the fact that the 2 systems are different I suppose......

Expectations is that these measures will bring R below 1...... There is faith in the willingness of the public to comply........

If ppl adhere in the way that I expect they will, this will reduce R below 1, in my view, in the great majority or all of the country, ppl need to stop being COVID idiots and refusing to comply the rules......

I would not want to imply that suddenly that means that Covid is over as a problem.....This is a long haul..... Look we are on month 11 and still fighting against the covid.....

Please adhere to the social distancing, wear a mask, wash ur hands regularly.... It is not that hard is it, the government as been saying for several months wash ur hands regularly for 20 seconds, social distancing, but a lot ppl have failed to comply the rules....

If everyone wants to get out of this mess, u will need to listen to the rules......I hate getting that sick feeling to my stomach, knowing what the figures are each day .... it seems we are going round in circles.... Covid just needs to disappear once and for all - There has been vaccinations trials lets hope it work and it is safe......

All stay safe .....

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx