Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Update Please Read Thank U

Good Morning Everyone,

I will write to the best of my knowledge to what I know.... As I do know ppl within the medical sector, and I what take in from the national news, I log everything to get the right information.... I am also getting updates from the Covid Centre....

Well yesterdays figures are sky high and very shocking indeed, I have posted to my Twitter page @Mantego23 this morning. The figures for yesterday December 29th were 53,135 and death toll 458..... Ppl need to be more vigilant and be extra careful.......

But there is some good news.......

Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine authorised by UK medicines regulator.......

The Government has today accepted the recommendation from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) to authorise Oxford University/AstraZeneca’s Covid-19 vaccine for use........ This follows rigorous clinical trials and a thorough analysis of the data by experts at the MHRA, which has concluded that the vaccine has met its strict standards of safety, quality and effectiveness......

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) will also publish its latest advice for the priority groups to receive this vaccine......

The NHS has a clear vaccine delivery plan and decades of experience in delivering large scale vaccination programmes......It has already vaccinated hundreds of thousands of patients with the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine and its roll out will continue. Now the NHS will begin putting their extensive preparations into action to roll out the Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccine.........

Throughout this global pandemic we have always been guided by the latest scientific advice. Having studied evidence on both the Pfizer/BioNTech and Oxford University/AstraZeneca vaccines, the JCVI has advised the priority should be to give as many people in at-risk groups their first dose, rather than providing the required two doses in as short a time as possible.........

Everyone will still receive their second dose and this will be within 12 weeks of their first. The second dose completes the course and is important for longer term protection........

From today the NHS across the UK will prioritise giving the first dose of the vaccine to those in the most high-risk groups........With two vaccines now approved, we will be able to vaccinate a greater number of people who are at highest risk, protecting them from the disease and reducing mortality and hospitalisation......

The JCVIs independent advice is that this approach will maximise the benefits of both vaccines. It will ensure that more at-risk people are able to get meaningful protection from a vaccine in the coming weeks and months, reducing deaths and starting to ease pressure on our NHS.......

To aid the success of the vaccination programme, it is vital everyone continues to play their part, abides by the restrictions in their area and remembers hands, face, space so we can suppress this virus and allow the NHS to do its work without being overwhelmed........

Further details will be set out shortly...... So please listen out for them.....I will also try my best to update here on my forum if possibly can........

As I say, I am writing this to the best of my knowledge, information is all accurate..........

Essex local authorities declare major incident over surge in Covid-19 cases, which is very worrying, the figures are tremendously high, putting strain on the hospitals in Essex.......

Covid-19 variant first discovered in the UK, does not cause illness, more severe than other strains.......

The kids caught covid on November 30th, with final positive results on December 2nd it were so scary....Isolation begun on November 30th it were a worrying time for us all, but the kids fought it back..... The elder child got more ill with it but they stayed stable and no hospitalization was needed.....The symptoms were mild.....it is scary, the kids caught it at school then passed it on to the older one then the whole household had to be tested.......

I noticed there had been some mix messages, that really annoys me... Firstly all schools will get extended week off school and return January 11th so parents and everyone in the household can be tested weekly.... Then hearing on Monday that all primary schools need to return on Monday January 4th and year 11 and year 13... But Jayden is year 3 Cadie is year 6 our Kodie is year 2 that means they have to go back, Mia is year 10 who does not have to go back to January 11th.... But now hearing there could be a Tier 5 saying all schools, universities and colleges will stay closed by the scientific advisor, but the government not having any of it..... An announcement will be made later today I believe listen out for possible tougher restrictions........

I just want Covid-19 gone completely, it is almost a year now and beyond a joke now ..... Our travel plans put on hold and rescheduled twice to go Australia.... Now that is happening late 2021......

I am always trying to stay up to date with all the updated news as much as possible, plus knowing ppl in the medical sector also helps to get the daily news.....It does take up a lot of my time to get the information correct before publishing on my forum to go live on the internet.......

All stay safe follow the rules take vitamin D, wear face coverings try ur best not you go to the shop that often, try do that possible once a week or every 2nd week ..... Get long life milk in ur shopping and many loaves of bread in freeze the bread - I know Tesco only allows 95 items per shopping - Then break it into 2 separate shopping to get further items - Thats what we do, and very rare we go to the local shop......We are on priority slots with Tesco due to underlined health.... I normally shop with Asda but Tesco offered us the priority slots in March......When going for a walk wear face coverings only go for a half hour walk..... some arrogant ppl not wearing a masks do protect urselves only do half hour walk....

We do not want to be hitting the figures to over 60,000 ......Please follow the rules and hope for normality at some point in mid 2021 ......

I hope the figures have not stunned everyone, and I hope, I am not rambling on too much..... We have all been in the same situation..... I literally felt sick to my stomach when I saw the figures yesterday morning for December 29th on the ONS Data....

Stay safe all......

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx