Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
I Got Taken To Hospital After Oxygen Level Dropped 02/01/2021

Hey Good Evening

Not a good start to the year, first a gas leak, then me having a COPD attack.... Me getting stress because no hot water or central heating or a cooker .... It has been capped off ...... Until Monday as it is a 2 man job .... SGN had given blow heaters 2 to start with. they said to call up on another number to repair the leak on Friday night, I did they said they will get someone out within 4 hours.... But they called back saying it is a 2 man job......Need to call Monday as its a major job its not a one man job......Then SGN never said they will give us 2 further blow heaters we all tired after a hetic nite we all slept in..... Then see a card through the letter box stating they called again.......

By this time I felt so unwell, breathless in pain due to my bones and VTE blood condition, missed my medication, with the hassle of the gas leak missing SGN in the morning as we were all in bed......They called 08:45 never said they will drop off further heaters..... Me stressing as always.....It is annoying with no heating, the blow heaters are making it my COPD worse, that is probably why I had the COPD attack......

We cooked a stew in the slow cooker, thst is the only way we can cook.right now...we cannot use the oven although that part is electric, been told best not use the cooker at all with having a gas hobb..........The gas supply all capped off to the property until Monday... We got the Immersion hot water switch on 3 times a day.....

Then I tried calling SGN most of the morning no answer, eventually I went for a bath, family members tried no response.... So I tried again after I got ready... Then in the afternoon I finally get through my condition got worse, I had a COPD attack whilst on the phone to SGN, then they said call ambulance it is best I get checked out, and other ppl in the household to be checked in case the gas leak got into our blood stream and got to the lungs. whilst a family finished the call with SGN, another family member called 111, then sent an ambulance straightaway for me .....my oxygen was low said I need to go hospital and another ambulance will come out to asses other members of the household..... My condition is serious heart rate very high blood pressure 200/100 right lung less air getting to it, both my inhalers failed nebuliser failed they had me on oxygen all the way to hospital 5.6 miles away as we live out in the sticks,,,,,I refused to stay in hospital I cried with fear as ppl have known not to make it back out and will need to go to ICU when they decide to admit me, I was not having any of it, I said I want to be with my family I do not have Covid....It is my COPD playing up it is now moving to Stage 2 very scary , I had an xray and shows moved tio stage 2 a patch on my right lung,,,,,, In do not smoke anymore since Feb 2018........I promised the hospital and my family 10 days bed rest at home......All my family was worried face timing me, I was just in bits with tears..... I have been put on Steroids 6 a day,,,,, I tried telling the doctor, I take strong medication for my bones and blood condition VTEI take 12 tablets a day and worried its very dangerous, but they was busy they say they will check but they did not as they under staff due to COVID... I called 111 no help they gave me a Daventry number told me it is out of hours called them they could not help me at all. my family said call the GP Monday..... They will keep an eye on symptoms because of clots missing my too many days in s row, because i drank NEW YEARS EVE i missed my medication, then NEWS DAY went all wrong missed it again then again Saturday (yesterday).... Without my meds a blood clot develops, my family said get advice first to make sure it is safe....

My little sister had pneumonia in 2000 she refused to stay in hospita discharged herself ....Until her breathing got so bad she were put on steroids and oxygen level injections. 6 days after she discharged her self her airways closed down and died instantly.... I am strong I will be fine... if it was not COVID I would have stayed in......

I do not have COVID it was a COPD attack .......and Chest infection I am on Antibiotics 500mg ..........

Well good nite, stay safe......

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx

Re: I Got Taken To Hospital After Oxygen Level Dropped 02/01/2021 Update Januaey 2021

Hey All

I received a text today in regards to a clinical letter my GP received today. The telephone consultation is Tuesday January 26th....

I rang the surgery to find out more it's about a clinical letter, that they need to discuss with me...

I hope nothing to drastic..... On Monday I am seeing a nurse for blood pressure check full blood count and lung function test......

Stay Safe.......

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx