Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Information Please Read

Good Morning All

I should be resting in bed, after falling ill 9 days ago.....

But I feel the energy today....And will write this up.....

Anyway I will write this all to the best of my knowledge......

I will be posting the figures up on my Twitter page this morning, 54,940 new confirmed cases for January 10th. It has passed the 3million mark of cases this counts for from figures from the start of the Covid-19 in January 2020......Death is 563 and now passed 81,000 plus......

There are 3 vaccinations approved in the UK....

The impact of COVID-19 vaccines on the pandemic will depend on several factors. These include factors such as the effectiveness of the vaccines; how quickly they are approved, manufactured, and delivered; and how many people get vaccinated.

Most scientists anticipate that, like most other vaccines, COVID-19 vaccines will not be 100 per cent effective. WHO is working to help ensure that any approved vaccines are as effective as possible, so they can have the greatest impact on the pandemic.......

Another thing ppl have to be beware of, if u go beyond ur walk out of the area, u will get a £200 fine...Ppl need to follow the guidelines... Before Christmas I posted up in regards to COVID on my Twitter, someone turned round and said why should they follow the guidelines, I did not bother getting into a debate ......

Immunization is a global health and development success story, saving millions of lives every year. Vaccines reduce risks of getting a disease by working with your bodys natural defences to build protection. When you get a vaccine, your immune system responds.........

We now have vaccines to prevent more than 20 life-threatening diseases, helping people of all ages live longer, healthier lives. Immunization currently prevents 2-3 million deaths every year from diseases like diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, influenza and measles.......

Immunization is a key component of primary health care and an indisputable human right. It’s also one of the best health investments money can buy. Vaccines are also critical to the prevention and control of infectious-disease outbreaks. They underpin global health security and will be a vital tool in the battle against antimicrobial resistance.......

Yet despite tremendous progress, far too many people around the world – including nearly 20 million infants each year – have insufficient access to vaccines. In some countries, progress has stalled or even reversed, and there is a real risk that complacency will undermine past achievements........

Global vaccination coverage – the proportion of the world’s children who receive recommended vaccines – has remained the same over the past few years......

Any decision to hold an event during the COVID-19 pandemic, no matter how large or small, should rely on a risk-based approach. WHO has provided guidance on how such a risk-based approach can be taken........This Q&A is focused on small, non-professional gatherings and events (i.e. birthday parties, childrens football games, family occasions). Precautions to consider include actions to prevent transmission between ppl, and where to hold the venue and how it can be modified to make a safer environment. Cancelling a planned event is an option that should always be considered, especially in case of non-essential events or when precautions cannot be implemented or adequately communicated........

Like for example- I will write all the factors down...

Always check local regulations before attending an event.....
Stay at home if you are feeling unwell.......
Always comply with the following 3 basic preventive measures:..........
Maintain at least 1 metre distance from others with a mask on , and wear a mask if you cannot guarantee this distance if unable to wear a mask due to medical issue, u will need a yarn and must be 2 metres apart.....
Cover a sneeze or cough with a tissue or bent elbow, and immediately dispose of tissue in a closed-lid bin. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth......
Wash ur hands frequently with soap and water, or with a hand sanitizer........

If ur planning a tiny event..,, Please Read what I write below this paragraph.....

Always check local guidelines before planning your event.......
Brief guests about precautions before the event starts; during the event, remind guests of these precautions and ensure they are followed......
Choose outdoor venues over indoor spaces – if indoors, ensure the area is well-ventilated.
Minimize crowding by staggering arrivals and departures, numbering entries, designating seats/places and marking the floor to ensure physical distancing between people of at least one meter.......
Provide all necessary supplies – hand hygiene stations, hand sanitizer or soap and water, tissues, closed-lid bins, distance markers, masks.....

If COVID-19 is spreading in ur community, stay safe by taking some simple precautions, such as physical distancing, wearing a mask, keeping rooms well ventilated, avoiding crowds, cleaning your hands, and coughing into a bent elbow or tissue. Check local advice where you live and work......Do it all!

Maintain at least a 1-metre distance between yourself and others to reduce your risk of infection when they cough, sneeze or speak. Maintain an even greater distance between yourself and others when indoors....... The further away, the better.
Make wearing a mask a normal part of being around other people. The appropriate use, storage and cleaning or disposal are essential to make masks as effective as possible......

Here are the basics of how to wear a mask:

Clean your hands before you put your mask on, as well as before and after you take it off, and after you touch it at any time.......

Make sure it covers both your nose, mouth and chin......

When you take off a mask, store it in a clean plastic bag, and every day either wash it if is a fabric mask, or dispose of a medical mask in a trash bin.
Don’t use masks with valves........

Please please I stress, follow the guidelines, the kids may of caught covid at the end of November, but it were caught through school - The transmission is high in schools and it is scary, well it is all home schooling again....

The young have to listen NOW, we have young adults in my family some in their 20s some in their teens they listen, so can u.... This virus is very lethal....

Plus there will be another announcement from the Government later, apparently there will be limited exercise....

All stay safe........

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx