Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Update March 2nd Please Read

Good Morning

It is with great regrets, that Australia will not happen in 2021, due to borders being closed still for the rest of 2021......Despite Australia doing the vaccines , they need to complete the vaccinations which is fair enough.... Although I received my tickets for Wet Wet Wet electronically last Monday February 22nd 2021, but that all changed a few days later..... But only heard this morning via email from Ticketek at 01;51am, and Ticketmaster also contacted me..... So we have contacted Ticketmaster Australia ,saying we are happy to go ahead with the new dates when they are announce,,,,,,..

We just called our airline, they are happy to switch the dates free of charge, and may only have to pay the difference. At the moment the airline will keep dates booked for September 2021, but we should know the new dates in the coming months... Lucky they operate the phones 24 hours a day and work 7 days a week......

Wet Wet Wet shall be, announcing the postponed tour 2021 of Australia, the borders will not open to 2022,,,,, At first 2021 was promising now its very unlikely now for down under.... I did read about Australia in January 2021, and it was stating 2022, things are changing all the time.....

But it was with a heavy heart and Australia are really sorry to announce the postponed tour of 2021.......

Well at least we will have Aberdeen to look forward too, and Australia as just been put back yet again...

Stay posted, I will continue to send updates out, and when we have rescheduled our trip to Australia... As for the Hotel in Australia and the hotel at Heathrow Airport, we will reschedule once we have new dates..... Lucky enough we had not brought our travel insurances yet, as we now lost on that now, we was only able to switch the dates once...... Our Australian visas were applied for in November 2020 and fully paid it is a matter of them being issued.......

All stay safe.....

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx

Re: Update March 2nd Please Read

Hi

Here are further details, that I have been studying and digging further in regards to Australia.....

I will write to the best of my knowledge....

Australia’s borders have been shut to non-essential travel since March 2020, and look like staying that way for a while. With the vaccine rollout now gaining pace worldwide, there are signs of optimism that travel to and from Australia could restart later in 2021 – not least the fact that Aussie flag carrier Qantas has just started selling flights for the autumn. Heres what you need to know........

Who can travel to and from Australia right now?

Australian citizens and permanent residents are currently banned from leaving the country and no non-essential international travellers are being allowed in, except for those from New Zealand. This means that Australians and their families and friends abroad are separated, and the countrys tourism industry (already hit badly by bushfires) has pretty much missed out on its peak summer season.........

Things are changing slightly, however: Australians will soon be able to visit New Zealand as part of the trans-Tasman travel bubble. New Zealanders can already visit Australia, following regional restrictions. (Also, Australian citizens and permanent residents can return to the country, but will face 14 days’ hotel quarantine at their own expense.)

Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, as well as Fiji and New Caledonia, have all been mentioned as possible destinations for Australians to visit under potential new arrangements. However, the delay of the Singapore-Hong Kong travel bubble has been a setback for travel in the region......

Meanwhile, Australians have been so desperate to travel that a series of scenic day flights over Antarctica sold out quickly – despite sky-high fares. When you gotta fly, you gotta fly!

When will travel to Australia from overseas be possible?

The answer to that question depends on who you ask.

First witness: Qantas, Australia’s biggest airline. Last year, Qantas said it did not expect to fly any international routes until July – and wouldn’t link Australia to the US or UK until October 2021.

The airline has since pushed back its reopening date for all routes until autumn. But in a sign it is optimistic travel to and from the country will be allowed then, it has already put on sale all tickets for flights from that date. (To encourage people to book now, Qantas states that it will allow unlimited, free date changes to flights booked from today until April 2022.)

That means you can now book a Qantas flight to Australia from more than 20 destinations starting October 1st 2021, It may be 4 months later than previously thought, but the airline said that, on its current trajectory, the countrys vaccine rollout would effectively be complete by that date, making international travel much more likely to be up and running again.....

Of its reopening plans, Qantas do have plans to reopen flights for the UK and USA ‘Capacity will be lower than pre-Covid levels, with frequencies and aircraft type deployed on each route in line with the projected recovery of international flying.’..........

Then again, if you would like a counterpoint to that relative optimism, you might want to check in with the Australian government. Way back in October 2021, Aussie treasurer Josh Frydenberg said that ‘international travel… is assumed to remain largely closed off until late next year’ 2021......

Australias health secretary also said in January that hefty border restrictions will be a feature of Australian life for the bulk of 2021. ‘I think that they will go most of this year with still substantial border restrictions,’ . ‘Even if they have a lot of the population vaccinated, they do not know whether that will prevent transmission of the virus........

And yet that was before the vaccine rollout accelerated to its current pace, and before studies came out showing at least two of the major vaccines do in fact slow spread of the virus.......

Aussies desperate for a break outside the country (or that long-awaited family reunion) and travellers dreaming of a trip Down Under have got used to bad news over the past 12 months. Fingers crossed the next official update is a positive one.....

I got the update from a childhood friend....

Keep coming here for regular updates.....

In my opinion it is quite understandable.... We will get to go Australia eventually......

Love Hugs and Kisses

Hey

I have had further response regarding Australia, we will be should be receiving our Australian visas in summer 2021, and valid for one year, but cannot travel until after October 2021....Received an other email this afternoon....

So matter of matter on new Wet Wet Wet dates, then a matter of rescheduling our flights, and of course our accommodation in Australia and the accommodation at Heathrow,,,,,, Then I have to contact my friend in Australia, to give new arrival dates into Australia....

Keep dropping by here for regular updates to Australia....... We got all excited when Ticketek, sent our tickets through via email last Monday 22nd May 2021, then it all changed today,,,,,,

I will post the statement that Ticketek sent me today by email.....

Plus I will post the email I got from Australian Government this afternoon..

Love Hugs and Kisses

Good Evening

Here is the email... I got from Australian Government this afternoon....

Date: 2 March 2021 at 17:02:44 GMT
To: Support , hannah@visumbuitenland.nl
Subject: Re: Please Read

Hi Hannah

Oh that’s good they plan to issue visas in the summer of 2021, Cathay Pacific are really good they will reschedule our flights, once we have a concert date. Cathay Pacific will reschedule our date at no extra cost, we may only have to pay the difference and air taxes. I don’t mind rescheduling....

That’s ok I rather keep you informed.

Yeah it’s a pain of the show being cancelled for 2021....

Yeah it is good news we’ve had our first dose...

Thanks getting back to me...

Kind Regards

Karen Marie DCruz

Sent from my iPhone

On 2 Mar 2021, at 16:17, Hannah Oberzaucher (Support) wrote:

Hannah Oberzaucher (Visa Supportcenter)
2 mrt. 2021 17:17 CET

Dear mdam,

Thank you so much for keeping me up-to-date. What bad luck for you that the event/concert has been cancelled!

It should be no problem for the visa. We expect visa to be issued in the summer of 2021 - and from that moment on they are valid for one year. That means you can also travel to Australia in the spring of 2022 without having to apply for a new visa then.

I understand, however, that it is quite inconvenient for you if you have to change your plans again and maybe to reschedule flights and hotels.

But it sounds great to me...

Best Regards

Hannah - Visa Supportcenter

This is the announcement I got today from Ticketek...

IT IS WITH HEAVY HEARTS THAT WE ANNOUNCE THE CANCELLATION OF THE WET WET WET TOUR DUE TO TAKE PLACE ACROSS AUSTRALIA IN SEPTEMBER 2021.

We had been hopeful that International borders would open up as we headed into 2021, however with ongoing border closures and uncertainty regarding travel into and within Australia it is simply not achievable this year.

The band is devastated that they won’t be able to join their Australian fans this year but have assured us that performing here in Australia remains top of their priorities. We’ll be working on a new set of dates and will ensure you are the first to know all the details. Thank you to everybody who held on to their tickets during this difficult time, we are grateful for your support and look forward to welcoming you to a Wet Wet Wet concert once restrictions have been eased...

So this tour is gonna be 2022 now... But our visas planning to be issued in summer 2021 so that is one positive news, it is matter of waiting on new dates...

Stay safe....

Love Hugs and Kisses