Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Please Read Update

Good Afternoon

I have updated, and lets hope so too, but looking promising....

Vaccine passports could open up Australia by 2022.... Very promising, this what we will need basically to enter Australia.....

I watched Heathrow Busiest Airport, and only 2 terminals open 2 and 5........

Australia may open up to overseas tourists again by 2022 – but possibly only to those who have been vaccinated, reports quoting the countrys prime minister suggest.......So yay we have been vaccinated with first dose so far as soon as we get the second dose of the vaccine, we want our vaccine passport as a matter of urgency lol...... Because we are rescheduling for the third time, we still have time to September 13th 2021, spoken with our airline twice now, first on March 2nd then on March 7th......

The country has been pursuing a zero-Covid policy during the pandemic and its borders are closed except to Australian citizens, permanent residents and some exemptions.....

Any arrivals must undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine at a designated facility, similar to the hotel quarantine policy recently introduced in the UK.......

Theres still going to be a lot of friction to travel, so its not like on January 1st 2022, the borders are going to fling open and to where they are going to go back to where they were it is not that simple, u will definitely need to be vaccinated to travel to Australia with a vaccine passport to show as proof.....

They will find that some cohorts or groups, like working holidaymakers or visiting friends and relatives groups, will take a bit of that friction......

But for the leisure two-week holiday to come back it is going to be a little bit of a while........

There has been 9 in 10 ppl are saying that they expect on an international flight everyone to be vaccinated and they themselves would not go unless they and everyone else on the flight was vaccinated, in which I totally agree with fully, stubbornness of ppl refusing the vaccination should be refused travel to Australia and anywhere else in the world, if it is by plane by ship or by Euro Tunnel still should refused international travel full stop..., Refused to enter supermarkets public places music venues public houses, restaurants a place of work too......

Travel has been severely curtailed in Australia......Obviously, the vaccines are going to make a difference, but vaccine programmes are only just starting to roll out overseas........

The roll-out to cover the entire adult population in Australia is expected to run until October 2021.....

Vaccinating the majority of the adult population will not be enough for a wholesale re-opening of international travel........

That is according to the chief medical officer of Australia, who has been among those advising the UK government on tough new travel restrictions...

Australia does not know how long it is going to take before, Australia move back to a degree of normality with international travel.....

Australia would want to see a world where Covid-19 is much more under control.... In which this could be achievable by late 2021.....

There are many countries where vaccination has not commenced, and where there may be very large numbers of ppl who have not been vaccinated come October 2021, which I say is fair enough.....

There is no license in Australia or UK to vaccinate kids, although UK is currently running trials on 300 kids to be offered the vaccine between 6 and 17 years the Oxford vaccine Pfizer is 16 and up only ....

It may well be many of the health precautions we all have to have in place will still be required – wearing masks, hand hygiene, physical Social Distancing.....

Depends on which vaccines have been used in countries, and which variants are circulating.......

For example, we have the Sinovac vaccine being used in China and rolling out in a number of other countries. The Sputnik V vaccine has been rolling out in Russia and is also being used in other countries. There is still a lot to learn as we all see how the populations respond to these vaccines......

Ppl keep ur fingers crossed, because normality is needed now......It has gone on for far too long now, and I am sure everyone agrees.......

Australia will learn more about each new variant as they appear...... That is obviously what the Australian quarantine system is set up to do.......

Australia has a 14-day quarantine system in place for arrivals......I cannot see it coming down, but who knows eh........

I hope things improve dramatically over the months ahead...... It should approve, as I say keep ur fingers crossed..... We need normality properly before 2021 ends before heading in to 2022.....

We need to watch and wait, see what is happening overseas and be continually ready to update our plans in light of what happens..........

Fingers crossed to travel to Australia next year, and all written to best of knowledge in what i am finding out.........

Ppl just got to listen and take the vaccination..... Because u all know u will not be allowed to travel or go to public places in the future.....

Thanks for reading the update.......

Stay safe all......

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrators) xx