Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Update A Very Important Read

Hey Good Evening Everyone

I have further updates to Australia, all the information I write to the best of my knowledge, and best to my ability of accuracy.........

Australia extends international travel ban (again) until June 2021....

The Australian government announced earlier this month that it is prolonging its ban on international travel by another 3 months......... In my opinion it is completely understandable........

Initially, the emergency ban was supposed to be lifted by March 17th 2021, now the period will be extended until June 17th 2021.......

The UK have started showing an Australian tv advert as of today, as I have never seen it before... This evening I saw the tv commercial twice, where they show Australia is improving, so international travel shall happen again for tourism in 2022... Only ppl with exception visas can go to Australia but have to quarantine for 14 days prior.....Plus same for the Australians they can only travel if they have exception to travel.......

This means that Australia will have been in a hard lockdown for a total of 15 months.........

The rule is not just for ppl wanting to visit Australia — The Australian citizens are not allowed to leave the country either unless they are granted an exemption.........

So had intimated that international borders may remain shut until 2022........

So that even if most of the population was vaccinated this year as planned, they do not know whether that will prevent transmission of the virus......

And it is likely that quarantine will continue for some time.......One of the things about this virus is that the rule book has been made up as they go........

Australia has consistently been one of the strictest nations regarding lockdown rules.......It has banned its citizens from leaving since March 2020 and those returning home — be it citizens, permanent residents and those with exemptions — have to quarantine in a designated hotel at their own expense for two weeks, costing about 2,300 Australian dollars.........

But it seems to be working. The country has so far reported only 909 deaths and about 22,000 cases in a population of 25 million. It currently has one-way inbound flights as part of its travel bubble with New Zealand, which began last year........

Meanwhile, dozens of tennis stars stuck in hotel quarantine ahead of the Australian Open were told they would get no special treatment to leave their rooms to train, despite complaints from some players. It is believed the government admitted entry to about 1,200 tennis players, staff and officials in total...........

The world is changing so at the moment we have this light at the end of the tunnel, the vaccine, so we will go as safely and as fast as they can to get the population vaccinated and they will look at what happens then.....

Why I would I not get too excited about Qantas-plan to restart flights in July 2021, the Australian airlines did say they will start opening flights from July 2021 as it were originally were October 2021.... Just watch this space..... Besides we are flying with Cathay Pacific, we have until September 13th 2021 to reschedule our flights........

Thank you for reading, it is Solihull in July and Aberdeen in October for or breaks now for 2021 and I am due 2 my vaccination of the dose of AstraZenca... I got my jab I’m group 6 due to underline health, I am only 54, all my sisters have had their first dose of the vaccination and they are only 48,45,and 44........

Take care stay safe and good night all......

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx