Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
This Is A Must Read - Please Read This Important Post

Good Morning All

I will write this all to best of my knowledge, to what I have heard, I know it can be a bit confusing at times.... I listen clearly to all updates on the news etc....

I will post the COVID figures up on my Twitter, the figures from yesterday....

Legal:

Can employers force staff to have the Covid vaccine? Some can actually ask u to have the COVID vaccination.....

The law:

There are no statutory provisions that could force individuals to become vaccinated. The Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984 specifically states that members of the public should not be compelled to undergo any mandatory medical treatment, including vaccinations.......

If any government of the UK were to insist on compulsory vaccination, it could feasibly give rise to objections on the grounds of individual liberty and human rights. This is owing to article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights, which protects people from being interfered with physically or psychologically and includes mandatory vaccinations......

Can businesses force employees to vaccinate?

In short, no. In theory, if there is a thorough medical examinations clause in a contract of employment, it could be relied upon. However, this would still be fraught with risk, and freely given consent is required for any medical intervention.......

If employers were to try to force their employees to be vaccinated, not only could it give rise to human rights concerns, but there could also be criminal implications. Forcing anyone to receive a vaccine injection under duress, under UK law, could constitute an unlawful injury...... A vaccination requires an individual’s informed and voluntary consent.......

It may also be that someone’s anti-vaccination position could amount to a protected philosophical belief under the Equality Act 2010. If a fervent anti-vaxxer could establish that their belief was genuinely held and worthy of respect, then they may find success at a tribunal......

But what was also said in the house of common yesterday, no jab no pint..... I clearly do see mixed messages going on here, I totally get it.... I also heard too on other reviews ppl will need a vaccination or a negative COVID test to enter pubs, but some pubs may want their customers to be fully vaccinated which is fully understandable.....

The infectious rates in the UK have been extremely high, over 126,000 plus deaths......

Religious discrimination arguments could also be made......There are several religious issues at stake when it comes to vaccinations, but the main one is the fact that many vaccines use pig gelatine, which could cause problems for several religious groups, as well as vegans – all of whom are protected under the Equality Act......

Can employers indirectly compel employees to vaccinate?

Businesses could decide to take indirect measures to pressurise vaccination of their employees, such as refusing staff entry to certain parts of the workplace or certain roles, if they cannot demonstrate that they have been vaccinated. Similarly, employers may be tempted to issue disciplinary action if an employee repeatedly refuses to be vaccinated. Any such measures should be considered very carefully before being implemented......

If an employees refusal to be vaccinated is down to a disability/protected religious/philosophical belief, and results in disciplinary action from their employer, they may be able to issue a direct or indirect discrimination claim, and claim constructive unfair dismissal if they resign in protest. A better course of action for organisations would be to help employees to make informed decisions regarding their vaccination by sharing impartial, factual information........

What if you work with vulnerable persons?

Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, employers may have a duty to ensure a safe working environment by enabling vaccination of their employees in circumstances where they will have close contact with the clinically vulnerable. For example, it could be argued that requiring a care home employee to be vaccinated, and disciplining them if they refuse, is reasonable because of the high-risk nature of the work, ultimately justifying dismissal or disciplinary action......

However, it is not quite that simple, and any employer mandating a vaccine would need to balance the proportionality of the interference with any article 8 rights, against the amount the risk is reduced by vaccination. Essentially, does the vaccine reduce transmission or does it simply suppress symptoms in a carrier? Are there any other less invasive steps that could be taken to reduce risk? It is this information that would inform an employment tribunal as to the reasonableness and proportionality of mandated vaccines in a high-risk workplace.......

If the effect of the vaccine is to also suppress transmission over and above social distancing measures, it could then be possible at least in theory to justify disciplining an employee where they refuse, if their refusal is unreasonable, or relocating them to lower-risk roles, again provided this is proportionate. It is likely that such steps will be proportionate in very extreme circumstances where no other reasonable steps to protect vulnerable persons are available......

Ppl need to see this from my point of view and the government and the employers view.... This country is trying to slow the spread of the virus not spread the deadly virus....

So public u need to think so carefully in what u decide, otherwise u could lose ur careers over a vaccination, ppl have to understand employers will want their employees vaccinated, even if ppl running businesses big or small if meeting up with public u will need to be fully vaccinated........

Lifting lockdown there is no change that will go ahead as planned, with the 4 steps and leaving lockdown completely on June 21st 2021......

Social Distancing could stop once every adult in the UK is vaccinated, every adult is said to be vaccinated by July and by August Teenagers and young children being vaccinated too, they are also urging over 50s to get their jabs by April 2021, as it will slow down in April, but the governments target to have every adult vaccinated ASAP.....

If everyone wants the UK to completely go back to normal, stubborn ppl need to stop saying they will not take the vaccination, Covid can kill u, the vaccination will protect u.... Majority of my family has been vaccinated with first dose, including my terminally ill niece who is 16, COVID is not a joke, u will more likely die if u do not get the vaccination.....

Concerts events festivals, holidays supermarkets shops markets and any other public places, u could be refused to be in these areas without a vaccination.....

We all thought in 2020, we will not have the vaccination as it does normally take 10 to 15 years to study, but we all had a change of heart, when the vaccination was rolled out end of 2020, because without a vaccination u will be very limited to daily life.... So we all decided to have the vaccination, and get protection.....

Thank u for reading.... Look out on Twitter as I plan to post up yesterday figures for March 24th.....All information is correct to my knowledge and daily figures too...

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx