Homepage For Marti Pellow & Wet Wet Wet Forum

Forum is for all supporters to this site, all messages are left by supporters.......

Forum Daily Post Added February 23rd 2020
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Marti’s Management

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator)
Good Morning Marti

I remember seeing ur management, with u a few times in Southampton in 2010, then again in Liverpool in 2013, u had Jamie with u. Then in Manchester in 2017 saw Deke with u.

I have just learnt, that Jamie Arlon has sadly passed away just age 47. I have only just found out this morning on the internet. I did sort of come briefly across it last year on the internet. But never took much notice, but this morning I came across the sad news again.

Here is the news, I came across.

Music publisher and artist manager Jamie Arlon dies aged 47.

Jamie Arlon, MD of Arlon Music and Arlon Songs Ltd, has died after battling cancer. He was 47.

The son of music manager Deke and Jill Arlon, of D&J Arlon Management, Jamie Arlon established Arlon Music and Arlon Songs as a management company, independent publisher and administration service. It also became the UK creative office for US publisher Shapiro Bernstein & Co.

Jamie Arlon worked with artists including John Lodge of the Moody Blues, Marti Pellow of Wet Wet Wet, Jarrod Dickenson, Julia Fordham and his brother Tim Arlon, aka singer-songwriter TD Lind.

It’s about having projects with great integrity, he told Music Week in 2013. “It’s not for me about building a financially huge corporate business, but working with people I get on with very well and caring about them and their music.”

He began his career working with producer Chris Neil. A spell in Nashville and Kentucky led to him managing the band Edenstreet and signing them to A&M Records. Based in LA, he set up the US arm of family publishing company April Music and worked with writers and artists including Jim Weatherly, Robert White Johnson, Dennis Lambert, Nicky Chinn, Bill Wyman and Ray Davies.

He later became director of A&R for Sanctuary Music Publishing in London, with a roster that included Bert Jansch, Todd Rundgren, UB40, Keith Urban, Alan Roy Scott, Gil Scott Heron, Boz Boorer and Axl Rose.

Following the buyout of Sanctuary, Arlon set up a songwriter, catalogue and artist management company, Arlon Music, with its own music publishing company, Arlon Songs Ltd, and independent record label, Tall Tale Records. Arlon Music went on to work with Universal Music, Bicycle Music, Kassner Music, Lo-Jinx Records and TY Songs.

Arlon Songs was nominated for an Ivor Novello Award in 2014 for Grant Mitchell's co-write on Clown, recorded by Emeli Sandé.

Jamie Arlon leaves a wife, Penny, and their young children. A private funeral is planned with a memorial service later this month.

SongLink International CEO David Stark described him as one of the music industry’s true gentlemen.

Once again Marti, I am sorry to hear this news, of Jamie Arlon passing in January 2018.

They are a great management.

Here is a photo, I took of u in Hamilton in 2018.

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx

Good Evening

I come across this information about Marti’s management, I am sorry still cannot believe this....

I see Jamie a few times and see Deke once....it is such sad loss.....

R.I.P. JAMIE ARLON OF ARLON MUSIC

London, January 2018: Jamie Arlon, MD of Arlon Music & Arlon Songs Ltd, passed away on January 24th from an aggressive form of cancer aged just 47. The son of legendary music manager Deke Arlon & wife Jill of D&J Arlon Management, Jamie established Arlon Music as an active independent publishing and administration service, also becoming the UK creative office for US publisher Shapiro Bernstein & Co. He worked with such names as John Lodge (Moody Blues), Marti Pellow (Wet Wet Wet), Jarrod Dickenson, Julia Fordham and many others, including his brother Tim aka singer/songwriter TD Lind......

Jamie Arlon
Jamie Arlon
-
David Stark and Jamie Arlon
David Stark & Jamie Arlon
-
Jamie, Jill and Deke Arlon
Jamie, Jill & Deke Arlon
-
SongLink editor David Stark said, "I was totally shocked and saddened to hear of Jamie's passing, I hadn't seen him for a while and like many had no idea he was ill. One of the music industry's true gentlemen & all-round nice guys, his popularity is confirmed by the number of industry friends and colleagues paying tribute with comments on my Facebook page, well over 100 so far." Songwriter Phil Pickett commented, "I'm floored by this. As everyone says, Jamie was such a sweet guy, in fact (as Arlon legend has it) he was the actual "Sweet Baby James" of James Taylor's song.."

Jamie Arlon started his career in the music business by sourcing songs from Nashville and New York's top music publishers for artists such as Celine Dion, Cher and Bonnie Tyler for record producer Chris Neil. Spending further time in Nashville and Kentucky led to him managing the Kentucky rock band Edenstreet, moving to America and signing them to A&M Records. Basing the business in Los Angeles he set up the US arm of the family publishing company, April Music. Jamie signed and worked with a handful of great British and American writers and artists, amongst them: Jim Weatherly, Robert White Johnson, Dennis Lambert and the Tom Collins catalogue. Gaining international hits as well as developing new talent, he was also fortunate enough to be involved in the management of some great songwriters and artists including Nicky Chinn, Bill Wyman and Ray Davies.......

Jamie then became Director of A&R for Sanctuary Music Publishing in London and was a major contributor in the acquisition of talent during Sanctuary's heyday, with a roster that included amongst others: Bert Jansch, Todd Rundgren, UB40, Keith Urban, Alan Roy Scott, Gil Scott Heron, Boz Boorer who co-wrote Morrissey comeback album "You Are the Quarry" and Axl Rose with his share of the entire Guns & Roses back catalogue and "Chinese Democracy" album......

On leaving Sanctuary, Jamie set up a songwriter, catalogue and artist management company, Arlon Music, with its own music publishing company, Arlon Songs Ltd., and independent record label, Tall Tale Records, to primarily promote the company's talent. Arlon Music went on to work with Universal Music, Bicycle Music, Rollover Music, Sanctuary Music, Kassner Music, Lo-Jinx Records, TY Songs and as stated was the UK creative office for the legendary US indie publisher Shapiro Bernstein & Co......

Jamie also worked with the Oscar, Grammy and Ivor Award winning composer, lyricist and book-writer Leslie Bricusse and John Lodge of the Moody Blues for Shapiro Bernstein, while in 2014 Arlon Songs was nominated for an Ivor Novello Award for Grant Mitchell's song "Clown" co-written and performed by Emeli Sandé. Amongst the talent the Arlon family have represented past and present are: Sheena Easton, David Cassidy, Michael Flatley, Russell Watson, Bert Jansch, John Dankworth, Cleo Lane, Elaine Paige, Ned Sherrin, Ray Davies, The Kinks, Christopher Neil, Glyn Johns, Andy Fairweather Low, TD Lind, Dennis Waterman, Richard Littlejohn, Leslie Bricusse and Marti Pellow.......

Jamie is survived by his wife Penny and their two children, Tom aged 13 and Meggie aged 9. A private funeral will take place with a memorial service planned for a later date......

I did post up information last year too, but this another lot of information I came across...

Love Hugs and Kisses

Karen Marie DCruz (Administrator) xx