MICHIGAN MOTHERS

A place to meet new friends in your own area.

Forum: MICHIGAN MOTHERS
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Re: Re: new mom in ferndale needs friends with babies!

HI!

My name is Joy, I am 25 , SAHM to a 3 year old girl, Greta, and a 6-month old boy, Mickey. I want to go to the AP meetings! Can someone give me some info??

Xphile1@home.com

Thanks!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Congrats on the birth of your baby! Mothering a newborn can such an exhausting, exhilarating, scary, amazing time. And then yes, how do you go about finding the new friends that will support you in your new endevor? Where's the time? Where's the energy? Where are the weirdo moms that parent like you? They don't talk about this in the parenting classes, do they?

I live in (beautiful, historic) Romeo so it would be hard for me to be the friend around the corner for you. And yet each month I drive down "into the city" to meet with a group of amazing, wonderful women. For what? To talk about gentle parenting, about trusting our babies,about responding in loving ways to our children, about living and parenting a little differently than the mainstream. Our attachment parenting group has been a great source of encouragement to me.

Perhaps you might be interested in joining our group - Attachmenting Parenting Itl - Macomb county. We meet the fourth Friday morning of the month to talk about mothering. Some of us have infants, some have toddlers & some have slightly older children but all of us are interested in gentle parenting.

As a newly formed group we used to meet at our leader's home. Recently Cross Lutheran Church (on Utica Road , just south of 16 Mile) has agreed to allow us to use a room in their building.

Please e mail me if you're interested & I'll send you the appropriate info.

Email  
Re: metro detroit ap group - by Odrade - Jan 18, 2001 6:29am
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Free Blogs   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com