Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
cornertang

We found a 6 1/4" cornertang in Leakey,Texas.If you want to see pics just let us know and we'll send them.If you want info on where we dug it up,we'll give that info also.

Re: cornertang

I didn't know how to post a picture of this cornertang.If you want to see it,Michelle has it on her new site Digger friends.Thanks

Todd, would love to see pics!! We dug this last weekend. Did ok. Give us a shout.

Cornertang Picture

Have yet to receive my pic, as requested.
Glenn

Sorry about that Glenn.If you'll email me again,I'll have my wife send them to you.I'm in Iraq right now so I can't get on this site as much as i would like too.A lot of our e mails over here are limited.Again I apologize for the delay.

I used to have a ranch in leaky, Tx, but I never found anything like that.

I would love to find out where you found it,

Thanks

We found it at Camp Liveoak.North of Leakey on the Frio River.You can contact Butch at campliveoak@hctc.net Sorry it took so long to answer.I can't get this site to open very often.

I have seen a lot of cornertangs but that one looks to be perfect.Can I get more pics?Is it for sale?Let me know,Thanks

Hay there Don

If I am not mistaken, I believe that they sold it .. I heard a story that they were given a offer and sold it /... Mabe it was other folks.. But I think it might have sold that day

If I am wrong, please correct me folks!

Michelle

We have had an offer but, so far we just can't part with the cornertang. Who knows, someday if the price is right we might think about it. It's a find of a life time.

Beautiful Tang Todd. Great find.
I maybe going to Live Oak also Douglas, this summer.
Please post how you did.
Thanks,
Mark

Is Todd still in Iraq? God Bless Him!

Beautiful find! I would never sell it if I found that!

I just left Baghdad and I'm in Dubai right now on my way home.Thank you for the email.
I'm sorry to say but the cornertang is not for sale.We have been offered a lot of money for it but I would like to collect and not sale right now.We will gladly send pictures of it and even show the area we found it in if you would like.

Hay there Todd

Glad to hear that you still have it.. Actually the story coming out of there is that yall never left with it....
I even heard from a friend of mine that went camping with his family there 2 weekends ago that they called a dealer and pretty much bought it on the spot???

Maybe it was just talk .. Glad to see its still with yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya!
Michelle

Funny how stories get started.We found the cornertang one afternoon (we have one insitsu picture)and immediately showed it to Butch.He cleaned it off and took pictures of it and posted it on some site.He started getting emails shortly after posting it.One guy showed up the next morning at 0500 and wanted to see it and offered to buy it but we declined.We left for home a couple days later and by the time we got home we had received a few phone calls and been offered over 11,000 dollars for it.We're new to the arrowhead collecting so I was amazed at the offers we received for it.Anyway we sent it to Dwain Rogers and had it papered immediately.We were accused of planting the cornertang and I can assure everybody that is not true either.If we ever decide to sell it,we'll give Butch first chance at it.I hope this settles any stories about the cornertang.It was beginners luck.