Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Long's Camp - found what I believe is an Ensor

Hey all!

I just got back from 4 hours of blistering heat at Long's Camp up in Kingsland. I found a bunch of broken pieces, a bone, a very large and rough srcaper and a pretty nice Ensor (at least that what Overstreet is saying it is). Here's a pic of it. It's pretty high resolution. I apologize for the size of it.

Anyone else been out to Long's? Looks pretty well dug up. This is only the 4th arrowhead I've ever found and I want to find more! Help me please!

jason

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: Long's Camp - found what I believe is an Ensor

Sorry - meant to add a little more description about the point. It is 2 and 1/4 inch long and one inch at the base.

saweeeet

Thanks Lee!

My wife and I are going to Christner's this weekend. Her first time, my 2nd. Wish us luck!

LONG'S STILL PUTS OUT FOR THE HARD CORE FOLKS. WILL BE THERE NEXT SATURDAY, WEATHER PERMITTING. TRY THE INETRMEDIATE AREA BETWEEN THE 2 CAMPS, DOWN IN THE PECAN TREES. BLACK DIRT, LIGHT OCCUPATION......BUT THE OCCASSIONAL TREMENDOUS BLADE!

I never know where to dig at Long's. I have been there several times, but I guess I just don't know where to look. Camp 2? Camp 3? I have no idea where they are!
Pat

Pat.........................

If you can make it (weather permitting), several of us, including george bustin, will be there next saturday. We would like to get anyone interested to go, to attend. Call me if you need any suggestions as to where to dig.

Hey Mike,

I may join you out there if I'm not taken up on anything else that weekend :) I'd like to know where to dig myself...

Jason

Next Saturday as in the 13th or the 20th? I have a visit to the doc on Weds. (10th) for the final decision on my knee surgery...now if we go the 20th...the good Lord providing I should be moving around! Long's is such a beautiful spot! Come hell or high water...I'll be getting my feet wet!

weather permitting on the 13th. nt

nt

13th works better for me. May be going to a wedding on the 20th.

Jason

Scratch that - the 13th doesn't work for me. I do have prior arrangements.

Please post pics of your finds if you go on the 13th!

Jason

WILL DO...........ON THE PICS

NT

Weather was pretty nasty on Saturday. Did anyone go to Long's?

Jason

None of my party went. Will reschedule.

Freezing here in Houston! Have to go in full regalia to do squat- hunting wise